CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

Summer was unwrapping a gift when he walked in. Of course he hadn't forgotten it was her birthday.

He said Hi to Jean and his mother who were already in her room with her when he arrived. They seemed like besties having a conversation. Taking that his mother hadn't changed over the years, well she did fit in perfectly. Her skin still graced by youth, her figure as well, anyone could mistake her for his sister but that was fine. He had grown taller and muscular with more manly features, his features more defines and refined. He went ahead and placed the flowers he had brought in by the window.

The ladies, they did come around, but his mind was already hooked on someone and that wasn’t going to change.

"Happy birthday" He kissed Summer on the forehead.

"Thank you" She smiled.

"Come see my gifts". Summer called to him.

He joined them. She was so happy.

"Kuzo did you forget my birthday?" Summer asked.

"How could I, I got you something but it's probably still on its way down here"

He said.

"He totally forgot" Jean laughed. Summer hit him.

"Ouch"

"No I didn't I promise"

Then a knock came on the door, it was Neeka, she peeped in.

"Looks like your present is here" Kuzo stood. Neeka opened the door and walked in but not alone, behind her was Daniela and her own mother.

"Oh my God" Summer's eyes filled up with tears but she was happy.

"Come, come, come, over here…." She kicked her legs. Daniela laughed and went to hug her sisteralong with Summer's mother.

"I'm so sorry I never came" Daniela began to cry. They were both crying

"You got them here?" Jean said to Kuzo.

"Happy birthday Summer"

Neeka revealed the painting of she and Kuzo in France. It was a beautiful picture, neeka had picked it.

'she'd love this one better than one of herself alone" Neeka had said. Kuzo consented and let her have the picture.

Durant, her painter boyfriend painted the picture.

"Oh Kuzo, you've made me so happy"

"Yeah we brought the party and I had to come with Liz" Daniela turned to her step mother mother.

It was interesting how all three sisters were joined together, each with different mothers, Daniella was a product of Shayanne's first marriage and she was two years younger than Summer. Jean and Summer however shared a father.

"And where is Kevin?"

"He's on tour but he'll be down by the weekend"

"I have a gift for you guys too" Summer said.

The room went silent for a while.

"What is it?"

"I'm having my last chemo next week"

"Summer that is great news"

"How come I didn't know" Kuzo said.

"I wanted it to be a surprise to you all" She said.

"We're so proud of you Summer"

"Thanks mom, I want us all together when I get home, Kevin, Gordon, Zac, everyone"

Gordon and Zac were her half brothers from her mother marriage. They werent her mothers kids though but she raised them.

"I'm proud of you" Kuzo said to her, she smiled.

****

A Month Later….

Summer was cancer free and filled with joy. She felt she could conquer the world. Kuzo picked her up while her family planned a welcome home party for her. What she had asked for was what was given and so much more.

"Careful" Kuzo helped her out of the car. Her legs still felt weak and she used a wheel chair most of the time.

Kuzo helped her into it from the car.

Neeka ran out to meet them bothe, she hugged Summer first. the two had bonded over time.

"Can i?" She offered to wheel her in. Kuzo agreed.

Kuzo had asked that she move in with him so he could keep a close eye on her. She trusted no one more with her health than she did Kuzo because somehow she knew he was the reason she was better and she wanted him around her always.

"Thank goodness I don't have to eat any more jelly" Summer said.

Once the door opened, there were too many faces but she recognized most of them.

"Welcoem Home" Everyone screamed. She smiled.

"We gave you your wish" Her mother walked to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Welcome back my dear"

"Thanks Maya"

"Hi, I'm Anut"

"Hey, I was wondering when I'd get to see you, gosh you're so cute" Summer said out loud, everyone laughed.

"Hey girlfriend"

"Oh my goodness, Analeigh?"

Analeigh was the blonde girl who was with her when she met Kuzo for the first time, there was Luis and a couple of friends from High School.

"Oh my goodness, where did yall come from?"

One by one they hugged her. Most of them never even knew she had cancer but when they were invited to fly over to Belgium, none of them turned down the invitation.

Indeed it was the best day of her life.