CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Summer had refused to stay in her chambers like she had been ordered, instead she went about roaming the market streets. She didn't speak much French but she understood every single word that was being said, it was just like they were speaking English. Then she recalled the seed Kuzo's mother had given her.

"The seed of languages" She muttered.

"Ma cherie, tu veux de la morelle? A pretty woman with thick curly long her grabbed her arm, she had panicked.

"Non, merci"

Summer walked on, but someone grabbed her again.

"Just walk" He said in English, to her surprise and that was scary.

"Who are you?" Summer's heart began to race.

"You are the mystery girl, you know better than to walk these streets alone"

She had asked who he was and here he was telling her who she was.

He led her to a dark alley, her heart was racing but there wasn’t much she could do, she waited till they were out of the crowd, she snatched her arm back and faced him. He wore a thick hood but she could tell he wasn’t so young.

"What the hell, let go of me, are you out of your mind dragging a woman into a dark alley?"

Summer screamed. He threw back his hood.

"Pardon me Milady, forgive my lack of courtesy"

"You should be ashamed of yourself" Summer tried to sound proper and mature, so she would not be intimidated. He gave a slight bow.

"My name is Geoffroi de Charney"

She froze, for she knew that name very well.

"Sir Guy d' Auvergne" She whispered.

"De Molay did say you were strange" Sir Guy said.

"Of course, you are a Knight…" Summer lit up.

"He asked me to find you, we have no time, come with me, put this on"

It was only at that moment that Summer noticed the cloak he held in his clasp.

Sir Guy was one of the few who had joined the Templars at a very young age and had remained faithful to De Molay and the Crusaders till they were burnt at the stake by King Phillip. She also knew she could not tell them or try to change the past….now her present and their future, time indeed was a paradoxical curse or sorts.

She followed him, somehow, she trusted him.

****

EGYPT

Kuzo lay spread out on his large bed trying to think while Fiji circled a spot on the floor to expel his dinner. It was that very pungent mixture of meaty excreta that brought his mind back to the confines of his walls.

"Fiji!" He sat up, wrinkling his nose.

"What?, you got to go when you got to go"

"Not right in the middle of the room, you know better than that"

"Well there isn't a toilet anywhere" Fiji defended himself.

Kuzo sighed and stood to take care of the mess, he began searching for something to take care of Fiji's mess, he walked towards the bathroom, and then he spotted something. It was a sculpture that stood on a raised pedestal hidden in one corner, he hadn't noticed it before.

"You don't say" Fiji had noticed it too, he stood right beside Kuzo whose eyes were fixed on the monument.

"Mom" He said, looking into the eyes of the sculpture and it was because of those eyes that he knew she was looking at the statue of his mother. He touched it.