CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

"We must find a way to leave this place, the Knights would be waiting" Summer whispered while she changed into a pair of trousers and leather boots.

"Wear this" She handed the same tome to Raheema.

"This looks tight" Raheema complained.

"Do you want to get out of here or not?" Summer retorted.

"Okay, geez, you're too…wild, no wonder Kuzo says you're spontaneous"

Summer shot her a look but Raheema ignored her. The two ladies snuck out of their quarters with Raheema holding Fiji in her arms.

"Where are we going, we can't walk all the way"

"Just follow my lead" Summer instructed. Raheema did as she said. The two ladies first made it into the kitchen where Gregory was waiting.

"You ready?"

Gregory said to them.

"Yes"

"Follow me" He whispered. He snuck them out through the servants door and there was a carriage waiting for them.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry Father….ladies" Gregory said.

"He is your father?"

"A great admirer of Sir Geoffroi, after I told him you met with him, he was more than delighted to be of help, plus he delivers bread to the castle, so, he has a pass out of here.

Gregory helped the girls into carriage.

***

Dinner with the Knights was amazing, they each took turns at teasing each other and making fun of their misfortunes. Somehow they knew it wouldn’t end well but the love and sacrifice among these people was enough to take them through the difficult times they were yet to face.

"Tell me how you met my mother"

"She came to us actually…" De Molay recounted as he broke bread with his hands and smeared a piece over the bits of cheese left in his plate.

"….she was all things mystical, at first we thought she was a celestial being, but when we saw her bleed, we knew she was all things human. She was distraught, very, I might add, and she had the last piece of the Staff of Aaron, twin to his brothers staff. We thought of giving it back to the Church but in times like these where men even in the Papal circle could not be trusted we were unsure if that was a good idea. If it had been sealed out of the Ark of the Covenant where its twin rests getting it back in there now would be a great task and besides it was only a broken stick, who would have believed us. We had no idea where to hide it, but the piece hid itself pretty well and only three of us, two already passed on, I am the last to know the true location of the staff.

"If that is so, how is it that you aren't coming along?" Kuzo asked.

"Of course those coming along with you know where it is, but where it truly is, is a mystery to all, when you get there, you will see"

Kuzo didn't understand the old man's words but he trusted them.

"How then would I know….?"

"If you truly are the son of your mother, you would, she's definitely prepared you for it"

"The stories" He whispered to himself.

"But she's never mentioned the staff or its broken piece or whereabouts"

"Oh she has I'm sure, just not in the way you expected"

A knight walked in with the girls and Kuzo stood, immediately Summer spotted him she beamed.