CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

Running did clear his head but it didn't shake of the feeling that maybe he did like Summer and didn't want to hurt her in anyway, but would that not be only because he really did care about her as a friend.

"Hey you" Someone said beside him. He turned to his left side and there was jis mother seated on the bench.

"Mom"

"Looks like you could use a listening ear" Mabu said.

"Do you think Summer is in love with me?"

"The only way to find out is to ask her"

"But she and I…it's not possible"

"Anything is possible" Mabu smiled.

"She is twenty nine….."

"And you're 2,881" Mabu giggled.

"She's going to age and all….and I'd have to bury her, I don't want to see her like that, maybe we should go back to Geeces"

"And I though this whole Han situation taught us a good lesson about running away from our problems" Mabu said.

"I don't even know if what I feel for her is love, I mean there isn't anything I'd do for her that I won't do for everyone else" Mabu smiled at her son and touched his hand.

"Talk to her, everything would fall in place after you do but do not give her reason to think you want to be with her when you're not sure of it else she might make some decisions based on that and it wouldn’t end well if she finds out you don't feel the same way"

Kuzo sighed and relaxed his back against the bench.

"Your father told me to give you this, he forbids me to teleport when I want to talk to you"

She handed him a brand new cell phone, still in its box.

"Thanks mom, tell dad I said thanks too, I'll catch you guys later" He kissed his mother on the cheek and ran off, she watched him go with a smile across her face.

"He's all grown up, in reversed time" Mabu whispered to herself and giggled.

***

Summer wasn’t home when Kuzo got back, but she had left him a message.

"Sorry I had to leave, got some rounds to take care of, make yourself at home while I'm away, I left my number on the kitchen counter, call me if you need anything"

It read.

"Odd" The tone sounded plain but well, he could be thinking too much too.

The doorbell sounded.

"Who could it be?"

He went to get I and found Luis, his once chubby friend who was everything but chubby, tall handsome, he wore a flannel shirt and expensive watch, his hair was cut in a crew cut.

"Damn man, you could pass out for Marines you know" Kuzo said and hugged his friend.

"You haven't aged a day" Luis said.

"Good genes"

"Was just about hitting the gym, wanna come along, we could talk on our way.

"Sounds like a plan" Kuzo stepped out with him locking the door behind him and taking the key along.

***

When Kuzo returned that night, he found Summer seated on the staircase outside.

"Hey Summer"

"Hi Luis"

"Why are you outside?"

"Well you locked me out, if you don't mind" She gestured to him to open the door.

"Sorry about that, I assumed you had a spare"

He unlocked the door, she grabbed her bag and keys and walked in quietly.

"Someone looks grumpy" Luis said and Kuzo shot him a look.

"See you later man"

Kuzo walked in as Luis drove off.

"I got us some food but now im not sure we can eat it, I think its going bad"

"I'm fine" Kuzo said.

"Great" She dumped the food in the bin.

"Where's Salie?"

"Jean took her, I'm off to bed" Summer said and walked towards the stairs.

"Hey are you okay?"

"I'm fine"

"No you're not" Kuzo grabbed her arm when she walked past him.

"I'm sorry about the key, my mom just got me a phone, I shouldn’t have assumed….."

"I'm not mad at you Kuzo, I'm just….tired"

"No you're not, you're troubled, you're frutrated, you're stressed out and you're confused" He said.

"What makes you say that?

"I know you" He replied with a smile.

"I'll be fine" She attempted to walk away but he didn't let go of her, he wasn’t done.

"We need to talk" He said.

"No we don't" She pulled away from him and headed towards the stairs. She knew what was coming, her worst fear, and she wasn’t quite ready for it yet.

"What are you afraid of Summer?" He asked and she stopped midway, processed the question.

"What am I afraid of" She repeated and turned to face him.

"Im afraid of the truth. I'm afraid that everything is stands for to you would be what will break me. Your age, your time, all these odds….I'm afraid of spending the rest of my life with someone I don't love, I'm afraid I'd walk away from him and you……"

"Would not feel same about you?" He said.

"Yes" A tear escaped her eye.

"Summer….."

"No, its fine as long as you just stay, we don't have to be together…..just don't leave, ever again" She choked back the tears.

"I don't want to go through what I did, dealing with you not being here, I'm afraid you will leave me, again because despite everything, you were my best friend Kuzo and it took me fifteen years to realize how much you really mattered…." She wiped a tear.

"I hate my gown, none of the cakes tasted right, I don't even care about the wedding, I just want out, I need a break, I need a life, I want to me happy too, and that is just not possible without you" She said and then exhaled heavily.

"How did that feel letting that out?" Kuzo smiled.

"I feel lighter now"

"Good" He walked up to the mp3 pod and played a song.

"What are you doing?" He walked up to her, took her hand and brought her down from the stairs.

"Dance with me" He said to her and she laughed. He put his hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Then she giggled.

"You deserve to be happy, and I'm not going anywhere" He said to her. She hugged him and they danced.

"Let's go back to France" He said. She broke the hug and smiled at him.

"Really?"

"Yeah, take a vacation or don't, let's just go"

"I would love that"

"Great" He said.