CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Kuzo could hardly sleep a wink. All he did was watch Summer and Raheema sleep, even Fiji. He had insisted they stayed together, although it seemed a weird request to the knights, De Molay allowed it.

It was perhaps at midnight or before when Guy walked in with a lamp. He was dressed in a long hooded cape.

"It is time" He said. "..Put these on" Raheema sat up, rubbed her eyes and woke Summer. Fiji did too.

They grabbed the capes he was holding and wore them over their clothes quickly. Guy led them out through a different corridor and then a dark staircase leading underground.

"The others await us on the other side"

"De Molay, is he coming?" Summer asked.

"No Milady" Guy said.

"Come on Fiji" They trotted down at Guy's pace which was amazingly swift. He led them underground, it was so cold. Through a tunnel beneath the castle and out through a gate that was locked with a very heavy lock. He opened it and they were on a channel on which was a boat. They got in and Guy blew out the lamp.

"Help me with this would you" He handed Kuzo an oar.

When they were away from the fortress a fair distance, they saw Soldiers, Phillips men approach the gates to the fortress, the gate was lowered down and they rode in with torches and swords.

They watched on.

***

Summer couldn’t help but be scared, although the cloak was warm she still shivered under it. Raheema must have noticed. She touched her hand, it was warm. Reality hit her.

"How was this even happening, how was she here, if this was real that meant every other thing she had doubted could be real too. Her breathing took a quick pace and her heart was racing.

Fiji climbed unto her lap, his coat was warm, She knew he too was assuring her things were ok/

"Thanks Fiji" She stroke its fur and then smiled at Raheema as the guys continued to row.

They arrived on the other side and like Guy had said, they were met by the others.

"Quickly" They urged them to abandon the boat. They pulled it out of the water and hid it.

"I hope you do know how to ride" A Knight said to them.

"Ride what?" Raheema asked.

"Don't worry, you'll stay with me" Guy said to Raheema.

Kuzo and Summer mounted a horse, and so did the others. Guy helped Raheema who seemed so scared.

"Kuzo of Geeces, what have you gotten me into, fist I ride a wooden monster and now a live one?" Raheema was so scared she clung to Guy so tightly it must have made him uneasy.

Once they began to ride she shut her eyes.

"Slow down would you, I am certain I would die if I fall off" Raheema complained.

"You need to be quiet Raheema" Guy said to her.

They rode for a long time through forest and plains till they finally came to a very mountainous zone with rocks and. There was hardly anything to see since it was dark. They got off their horses and lit their torches.

"Come on" An older knight said as he took the lead.

"I'm never riding a horse again" Raheema whispered to Summer as she rubbed her thighs. Summer giggled.

Kuzo frowned, almost laughing as he watched Raheema struggle to walk bending her legs apart as one with Rickets.

"Why are you walking like you've got piles"