CHAPTER FIVE

Land of the Binju

It had been seven years since they had walked into the forbidden cave and discovered Te fiti and the talking waterfall.

It was an ordinary day, it was supposed to be, they had their sessions with Te fiti, she thought them the ways of men, how to use weapons and the elements, she taught them both the forbidden way, the Sabakai, it took them years to master it soon it was time to go back.

"Never use the Sabakai on anything or anyone till it is absolutely necessary, it has great consequences if you use it for the wrong reasons"

Te fiti warned.

"We'd see you tomorrow Te fiti"

"We will meet again my dear ones but when we do it won't be by chance" She smiled.

Both girls frowned.

"What does that mean?" Suri asked.

"I have gifts for both of you" Te fiti said.

"Show us" Te fiti led them to a huge cherry tree, underneath it was a colt, a tiny baby horse with a coat as black as night. Beside it was a staff with vines around it.

"The colt is yours Mabu, but you will have to earn its trust, the staff is yours Suri, with it you will never fall" They took their gifts and hugged Te fiti and walked through the cherry garden and through the curtain fall but immediately they did, their gifts disappeared.

"What happened?" Mabu said.

Then the cave began to shake.

"What's going on?"

"Its gonna collapse we have to go" Both girls began to ran towards the exit.

"I don't understand" Mabu began to say.

"Things will fall in place" That was when it caught her eye, the paintings, the drawings on the wall began to move.

"Suri…." Mabu stopped.

"What are you doing we have to go now"

"Look, the paintings" Suri looked too, they saw two girls in a cave running but out of the cave they saw men dressed in weird clothing and hats with weapons, loud weapons they could hear them from the caves.

"These painting are not ancient…." Mabu's heart began to race.

"They tell our present,  perhaps our future" Mabu kept looking as tears gathered in her eyes.

"Suri we can't go out…

" Mabu we have to, if those people get the soul stone…..

"Suri we can't go out, we would get killed" Mabu grabbed Suri firmly, her eyes showed pure fear, glistening in the dark cave

"What about our family, our people, my father…" Suri began to say, she was concerned and also scared.

"Suri…."

"I'm going out" Suri said and Mabu grabbed her hand but Suri snatched it back.

"It's not your people out there, easy for you to stay here" She said tearfully and she was gone.

Mabu had to decide if to trace the walls to find Suri and what happened to her…..or go after her, she decided to go after her"

Why hadn't she looked at those paintings, why….if only she had looked at them…she had eight good years to do so, she had wasted them on stuff that may not even be real, probably an enchantment, fate had brought them into the caves to read the walls and warn the people but they had falling victim to an enchantment, what was she to do, she began to shiver, then she decided to go after her sister.