CHAPTER SEVEN

Maiandra was home gathering laundry when she felt something was awfully wrong.

Her empathic senses kicked in, or was it just her motherly instincts.

"Kuzo!" She exclaimed,  and Without thinking, she dropped the laundry basket and rushed out, forgetting to put her slippers on. Fiji followed closely behind her as she run in the direction of her son as fast as her legs could carry her.

"Fiji, Kuzo's in trouble, we need to get to him, I'll do something to shield us"

She leapt off the ground at the same time Fiji took his true form, a radiant black stallion.

"Get to Kuzo"

Fiji obeyed and unveiled its black  feathered wings and hopped off the ground. Maiandra's eyes began to glow and the weather changed, the skies became black as night and the winds were raging.

"I need you Sabo" She spoke into the winds and she heard the cries of her eagle friend.

He flew down and landed with a thud and shrieked.

"Good to see you too Sabo, please take me to Kuzo" Maiandra got unto its back and it took flight.

***

Kuzo was first to see the black stallion fly at his side.

He stared at it blankly and then blinked to make sure it was real…it was.

And then he saw something fly towards them.

The darkness had thickened and no one was paying attention but he saw the largest eagle he had ever seen and on its back was a woman.

She began to wave a whip in her hand and threw it towards the airbus. The vine wrapped itself around the airbus and then she stood on the eagles back pulling with all her strength, then it began to slow down.

Kuzo stared at her for a while, slowly the airbus stopped.

"Looks like we stopped" Sama said and then she noticed Kuzo had been staring out the window.

"What are you looking at?" For a brief second he looked at her and then turned back to the strange things he had seen outside, She looked out too but there was nothing.

"You didn't see that?" He asked.

"See what?"

The airbus began to move again, slowly this time till they reached the stop. Everyone was in a hurry to get off, it had began to rain heavily. Kuzo got off and into the elevator that was to take the down but he stared at the airbus for any signs of what he had seen earlier but there was nothing.

"Do you think he can see us?" Fiji asked.

"No Fiji, he can't, we're out of his time space"

"It was nice seeing you again Mabu"

"You too Sabo, my regards to the Kazakhs"

"They will hear" He shrieked and flew off the top of the airbus.

"Let's go home Fiji"

"Not so fast" A voice said. She turned to face it and almost froze, Han?"

"Nice to see you again Mabu" He grinned.

***

Kuzo was surprised to find his home was empty after he unlocked the door with his palm print.

"Mom, dad?" He called out. Then he began to search for them, to his surprise not even Fiji was home. Had they gone out together without leaving a note?

He frowned, then he walked into his room. The laundry basket was on the floor, and his mothers favorite Chalewots designer slippers were left behind too.

"Mom!" He began to panic.

Then he heard the door open, he rushed to the door and found his father.

"Dad, mom is in trouble"

Essien frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"All those stories she told me, they were true I saw it today, the black stallion, Te fiti, the binjun, everything dad"

Essien knew at once what that meant.

"Tell me what happened" He began to take off his coat. Then he locked the door.

"There was a scare on the airbus today, we would have died if that woman with the glowing eyes on the eagle didn't appear. Then I came home and mom was gone, she left her slippers and the laundry basket on the floor in my room" Kuzo narrated.

"This is bad Kuzo, we need to leave" Grab your bag take a few things we're leaving"

Kuzo frowned.

"What? Did you not just hear me?"

"No time to ask questions Kuzo….now!"

"Okay okay" Kuzo ran into his room and did what his father had said. And then he joined his father in the hall. He pushed a trophy and a shelf shifted.

"What the….you have a safe room?"

They walked into a glass elevator and went down. That was the first time he saw his father's library and his garage. A side to his modest house he didn't even know existed. Weapons, very advanced weapons and technology.

It had rooms and a kitchen, it was like a mansion in his modest house but underground.

"What are you guys, HIF, CIA, ISS, aliens, what?, and when were you gonna tell me the truth?"

"There is a lot you do not know, your mother made me swear never to tell you but I think you should know the truth, it will help you be more understanding"

"Mom is not just mom is she?"

"No Kuzo, she possesses something very powerful, its called a soul stone, it preserves her life just as much as it could steal it, for this reason your mother cannot allow herself to be consumed by the evil nature of man, greed, hate, all of that. And there are bad people who have what your mother wields and they will do anything for it, even if it means killing her"

"Oh my God, that woman I saw today on the eagle with the flying horse, that was mom?"

"Yes"

"And who are you, Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Max Zimms, Doctor Strange, Lou Tech?"

"I'm nothing"

"Then what is all this?"

"Your mother just married a man obsessed with books and technology, we'll stay here for a few days, when your mom returns she would know we're here, if she doesn’t in three days, we would have to use the time capsule"

"You can do that, twist time?"

"Twist time?" Essien frowned trying to understand what his son meant by that.

"I mean…."

"Frame-walk, yes, your mother found a way to trap her energy into a time caspsule, and with the right amount of power and energy in right proportions you could say we could too. I was successful once and ended up on the Mongolian desert. Thankfully this necklace saved me, your mother gave it to me so her friends could identify me and help me when I found myself lost. The Kazakhs found me, taught me a lot and then your mother came for me. She really is powerful. And yes, She controls time, not only time, the elements of nature"

"Wow"

"Go take a shower, I'll make us something to eat"