CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Larry James Cordin jnr who often went by Cordin drove home happy that evening in his 1991 Audi Quattro model. It was the only thing he had inherited from his drunkard father. Growing up had not been easy for him, but he had been born brilliant and although his father made him believe more than once that school wasn't fit for people like him, Cordin knew his name belonged in the history books, but unfortunately only for all the wrong reasons, years into the future, Cordin James will become the name that will haunt the field of science forever.

He looked down at his final calculations and was grateful for whoever had left them there, he was buying the next ticket to New York the following day, there had to be someone willing to sponsor what he wanted to create.

There just had to be.

***

Kuzo was happy to see his mother up and doing, she was on the phone when he walked in, judging from the way she spoke he could tell it was his dad.

"Hi mom, hi dad" He screamed.

"Hey honey, dinner is ready, go get washed and we'll eat okay"

"Sure thing, tell dad I completed his assignment"

"He says to tell you he completed your assignment, what assignment, I hope you guys aren't being mischievous behind my back" Kuzo heard his mother say on his way up, he grinned. He dropped his bag and collapsed on his bed.

"Crazy day" He muttered, staring at the ceiling. And then she came to his mind. He wish he could do more to help her. Maybe he could. He smiled at his thoughts.

Creating a bug wasn’t going to be so difficult. All he needed was get into the garage which happened to be his father's work station, his was in the basement. It was where he carried out all his experiments.

He took out his phone and texted her.

"Hey, you home?"

She replied almost immediately, to his surprise.

"Yea, trying to get something together for dinner, the white witch isn't home yet"

"Take care of you okay, call me if anything comes up or if you wanna talk" He typed.

"Sure Kuzo, thanks"

"Goodnight Summer"

"Night Kuzo"

He took off his clothes, took a warm bath and got into his night clothes and joined his mother downstairs.

"So what happened at school today, anything interesting?"

"I found out that Summer's step mom is abusive, she hits her"

"Poor thing is she okay?"

"No, she's crumbling but tries to put on this façade that she can handle it, and gosh she does it so well, I kinda let her break today and tell me what's actually going with just one statement"

"Does her mom know, that is if she is alive"

"She is, remarried and living happily in Detroit"

"How can she just abandon her daughter, that’s evil"

"Come on mom now you're taking it to far" Kuzo giggled.

"Poor thing, you should go see her"

Kuzo looked up at his mother like she had just dropped a code to start the next war.

"Mom you don't invite or go visiting people till they're more than just friends"

"That is in Geeces, hundreds of years later, this is America, nobody really cares"