CHAPTER THIRTY

Mabu saw the portal open…

"They're here" She said gleefully, she waited in anticipation for her son and Summer to step out but instead, the portal began to shrink.

"Oh no" Her smile disappeared.

Suri noticed it too, somehow Mabu had gotten Suri to believe her story about what happened beck in Binju and they had been trying to keep the weather scares. But Mabu knew as long as two things were out of place, there was nothing they could do to help, Kuzo and Summer had to return as fast as they could once they found the third piece.

Perhaps he hadn't found the capsules, she had sealed specific time zones into all three, she had forgot to tell him that. One took him to the place of the third piece, the other took him to its history and the final one brought him home.

"Oh no" Mabu walked towards the portal.

"In a time that is borrowed, what could possibly go wrong?" Suri said.

"Everything…" Mabu replied.

"…Fiji, you can go through, find Kuzo tell him to use the amber capsule only when he finds the third piece, if this portal is open there must be one at his end" Mabu instructed.

Fiji obeyed and hopped into the portal just before it closed.

Then a dark blanket covered the sky.

"What do we do now?" Suri asked her sister whose brows had curved into a tight frown.

"We find Han" She said.

***

It took a moment for Kuzo to realize Summer was missing. It took a second though to figure out she hadnt obeyed his instructions.

"Women!, the instruction was simple, think of nothing but home, if that’s too hard think of me, what could she have been possibly thinking of, of all times, she chooses now to think of whatever it is she thought of…..NOW?, REALLY!!, how the hell am is supposed to find her now, she could be in a billion possible places"

He thought, but that was not the case.

Kuzo looked around. There was not a soul in sight, all he could see was a vast flat land, not too many trees but the breeze told him there had to be a sea around, it was moist and salty.

Where could this place be, it certainly wasn’t Baltimore.

In his moment of haze, he spotted a rather rare blue bird. It landed on a shrub right before him, he stred at it for a while. And then he shrugged his shoulders and began to hum a tune his mother had thought him when he was a kid;

home glows to the crush of amber

blue fades into deeper times

orange is the color of Summer

white isn't for bees to hide.

He hummed the tune as he continued to walk, the rattle still in the old man's sack which he carried.