CHAPTER FIFTY

15 years later…

Kuzo had settled in Belgium. He fell in love with the place. Got a job at the University and taught History and Languages. At the same time, he helped is father's firm grow.

His parents had adopted two siblings. Neeka and Anut. Indian orphaned kids who had grown into beautiful teenagers. They were both brilliant, Neeka hoped to do medicine while Anut her brother was into music. He played with a band and was often on tour. Anut had tried to coax his brother to come on tour with him but Kuzo was just too busy for that.

Neeka was more attached to Kuzo and she had spoken to him about moving to Belgium to be with him.

Neeka was way too matured for her age and he liked that about her, she was adorable and he loved her with all his heart. She had come over to holiday with him and once Kuzo got home from work, Neeka already had something planned.

That particular day, he was supposed to teach her how to ride a motor bike. He'd made her one but forbade her not to touch it when he wasn’t around.

Kuzo felt dizzy as he got closer to his car, his vision became blurry, he blinked a couple of times, managed to get his door open and then got in. He wasn’t sure if he could drive, his head was hurting so bad, and then it happened.

A vision.

"He could see tiles, white tiles and a very pungent smell of disinfectant, then a woman holding a basket of sunflowers. It seemed he was walking behind the woman, but for some reason he couldn’t see above her elbows, he caught a glimpse of her shoes, they were clogs.

Then he snapped out of it.

His head hurt so badly, he started the car and drove slowly towards home.

"You’re late" As always, Neeka met him outside right before he could step out. He struggled to get out and then swayed.

"Are you okay?"

Neeka grabbed his arm.

"Dizzy…." Was the only word he managed to say before he passed out.

***

When Kuzo woke up, he was in the hospital. He had never been in the hospital.

"Kuzo" His mother said to him.

"Why am I here?"

"You passed out" Neeka said.

"Why?"

"We don't know" Mabu said to her son.

"You're probably stressed out" Neeka said.

"I had a vision, about a woman in a yellow dress and clogs"

Neither his mother nor his sister wore a yellow dress so his vision was definitely not about him.

"You need to rest"

"No I need to know what that vision is about" He sat up and lifted his feet off the bed.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Home, if I'm gonna get any rest at all, it's certainly not in a narrow bed" He said and put on his jacket. Then he walked out.

"Is it that easy to walk out of a hospital?" Neeka said.

"It shouldn’t be"

"Hi, my name is Jean Rivers and I'm here to see my sister, Summer Evancho"

Kuzo stopped in his tracks and turned to the direction of the voice.

And there she was, the woman in the yellow dress with the clogs, holding a basket of sunflowers. Kuzo walked up to her, his family followed.

"Jean?" He said, the lady turned to face him, stared at himblankly and then frowned.