CHAPTER FORTY SIX

There was nothing like booking a flight to Mabu and Essien, before Summer could drop the call, they had teleported into Kuzo's room while she was still in the Kitchen getting his soup. Jean unfortunately was in the room when they did.

"Oh my God, Summer!" She screamed.

Mabu immediately touched her forehead and erased that bit from her memory and she fell into a deep sleep.

"Hey mom, hey dad" Kuzo said and Summer burst in.

"My boy" Essien hugged his son first and then Mabu, she wouldn’t let go as she wept.

"I'm so sorry Kuzo, I'm so so sorry" She said.

"It's okay mom, you don't have to apologize for anything" He smiled at her. He was obviously still weak.

"How did you….?" Essien asked.

"I don't know….after the portal closed up, I was somewhere else, this very crazy place with monsters I had to deal with, they tortured me most of the time, I tried several times to open portals but I just couldn’t, after a while I gave up but you kept telling me not to give up. I tried and tried till one day I was able to get my first portal open, it was just the size of my fist but for me it was progress. I began to send messages through to the nymphs, somehow they could hear me, I asked them to bring you gifts on every holiday.

"That was you?" Mabu wiped a tear.

"Yes mom" Kuzo said to her.

And then I heard you" He turned to Summer.

"I almost forgot about you, but the moment I thought about you, I heard you and I knew you were at the beach. That was my portal, what linked me to you, you were the door on the other side, I knew I had to take that chance, I opened a portal and thought of you and the next thing I knew I was here."

Kuzo said.

"You're all grown now, prettier, less annoying I hope, funny thing is I always said you talked too much, but the moment I heard you, I just pleaded with God to keep you talking so I could follow your voice back" He said.

She giggled and then she noticed Jean lying at his side, she frowned.

"She fell asleep?"….

"Um, well….Mabu…."

"Oh no, she saw you port?" Summer freaked out and walked up to her sister.

"Don't worry, Mabu took care of it" Essien said.

"She'll be fine"

Mabu said. Summer walked up to her and pulled the covers over her. That was when Kuzo saw the ring on her finger.

"You're engaged?" He asked and the room went silent, you could hear a strand of hair drop.

Kuzo smiled.

"Congrats, can't wait to meet the unfortunate dude" He teased and she hit him with a pillow.

"I'll go get your soup" Summer said and walked out.

"You should rest" Mabu was about to walk out too.

"Are you kidding me, you're leaving a pretty hot teenager in my bed and saying goodnight?" Kuzo was surprised.

"You guys trust me too much" He chuckled.

"Well you already know what will happen if you try anything funny" Essien said turning to his wife.

"He sure does" Mabu said and followed Summer out. Essien shut the door behind them. Kuzo took one look at Jean and sighed.

"Looks like you're stuck with me tonight" He said to her and pulled the covers up a bit further over her.