Chapter Two

Miss Senam walked in. She was young and pretty and wore her natural hair in the most beautiful ways. She never braided but she always looked pretty. She had fine eyebrows and gorgeous round eyes, she seemed too young to be a teacher but she was the best history teacher Graydam High could have.

"Kuzo!" As always Miss Senam interrupted Kuzo's fantasies about her. He had a crush on his high school history teacher.

"Yes Miss Senam" He smiled.

"Tell us what you found"

"Sorry, found what, im lost"

"Your presentation I mean" She said.

"Oh, yh, that, right, my bad" The class giggled.

Kuzo was admired by everyone, he was not only tall, slim and handsome like his father, but he was also the class prefect. He was always on top of the class and following closely was his competition Joa, she also had a crush on him and always wanted to be around him but Kuzo just thought she was an annoying bug and quite precocious.

Kuzo walked to the front of the class.

"You could use your timeframe." Miss Senam said.

"Oh no, i'd rather tell it "

"Whats the matter Kuzo, scared we'll see your pretty pink pyjamas and fluffly bed slippers?" Tafo the twin and his sworn enemy took the opportuinity to pick on him.

"Cut it out Tafo!" Joa warned.

The Timeframe was a device that could capture moments like a camera, almost everyone who could afford it in Geeces had one, the force keepers usually used it to prosecute criminals as it could record moments you could always play back, it was like a bug that was behind the ear except everyone else could watch what you had seen by playing it back a few seconds.

"I didn't turn it on during my research"

"Or you're scared we'd see the shack you live in"

"Enough Tafo!" Miss Senam jumped in.

"Whenever you're ready Kuzo" Joa said.

"Thanks Joa" Miss Senam said rather sarcastically for speaking on her behalf.

"My research was on an ancient civilization known as the Binjun, they lived in a very special place, nothing like this place, in houses made of stone but they wielded a special kind of power. They were divided into three groups the Kayoka who were more like hunters but they never harmed anything"

"Well then how did they hunt?" Sama a girl asked.

"They used enchanted whistles that played enchanted tunes that called whatever animal they wanted to willingly avail itself to be slaughtered. Then the Swahala's they were like farmers, they usually sowed seeds and harvested and among their special duties they made wine, the best you could ever taste from a very rare kind of berry that was only given by the Binju tree, they called The wine, Jabinju, which means ' from the binju'. The Binju tree produced two kinds of fruits, one gave you the ability to speak many languages, but appeared once in many years only to people who deserved it.

The Binju could speak any language that existed because they believed like birds dispersed seeds, languages were dispersed too and they had all the language seeds in the world, all they had to do was plant them nurture them and eat their fruits and the tree gave them the language it possessed, despite, it was only the Binju seed that possessed all languages.

"That sounds like something from a storybook"

"Yes it does but it is very true"

"Can you prove it?" Tafo asked.

Kuzo hadn't thought of that but he knew his bedtime stories probably had gotten into his head. He hadnt done any research whatsoever because his mother had groomed him for the moment since he was a baby, telling him stories about a magical waterfall that sang and a jet black horse that was very rude and hardly listened, you had to win its trust to have it submit to you.

"Well?" Tafo said.

"No I can't but they are real"

"Liar, he just told us a bedtime story told to him by his mother" Tafo said and half the class laughed.

He had never been so embarrassed.

It was a good thing he hadn't said anything about the waterfall or the horse or any other thing.

He returned to his seat and stayed quiet for the rest of the day.

"It's okay, I believe you" Sama leaned in from his back and whispered into his ear. He didn't turn but he smiled.

***

School came to a close and Kuzo wasn't going to take the bus, he couldn't risk being teased all the way home, instead, he reached into his school bag, took out his hover-glide and its shrink pen, looked if anyone was watching and double clicked it. But his hover-glide was not expanding.

"What the hell?" Frustrated he just kept clicking.

"Well well well, isnt it Mr. Fantasy guy"

It was Tafo and his goons. Kuzo rolled his eyes.

"Quit it guys okay"

"What's that?" Anto pointed at the shrink pen.

"Oh, It's none of your business" Kuzo snapped.

"Something new your engineer father made I guess"

Kuzo ignored him, picked up the hover-glide and began to walk away when Tafo grabbed his shoulder and spun him forcefully.

"Look at me when I talk to you, or didn't your blind mother teach you any manners" Kuzo felt anger, but his mother's voice rang in his head, ; do not let insults make you give in to negative emotions, they will corrupt you and get you in a mess.

He took in a deep breath and turned to walk away.

Insulted Tafo followed and attempted to spin him round again but Kuzo wouldn't have it, before Tafo could see it coming, Kuzo had punched him in the chest so hard he coughed out blood but it wasn't the blood that scared Kuzo. It was his hands.....his palms felt so cold, like he had submerged them in ice.

He looked at them scared and then at Tafo.

"What have you done" Anto said to him. Kuzo turned and began to ran towards home.