CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Raheema's request reached her father, the Pharaoh and he, like everyone else was surprised at her sudden request but he agreed as she had said she wanted to travel with her beloved before the wedding upon their return.

On the night before the journey Raheema once again found herself in Kuzo's room. It made him feel uneasy but to her it was totally normal, no one saw anything wrong with it, but he did.

"I've never been to France" She said with bewilderment.

"Well we really aren't going on tour" Kuzo said just as she collapsed on his bed next to Fiji who was licking his paws.

"I'd love to see Paris". She sighed and allowed herself to day dream. Then she sat up abruptly, tell me about it then, surely you’ve seen the whole world, tell me what it's like outside Egypt.

"Well trust me in this era, Egypt is the safest place to be right now"

"I've heard of men who look like gods, I've heard about romance in a way I've never known, I want all that, for me and I know you don't love me, your heart is somewhere else" Raheema said, Kuzo rolled his eyes.

"I'm only fifteen Raheema, what do I know about love? except the little I've seen and Summer, she's annoying, she talks too much, she hardly listens, she's spontaneous, and things would have been much easier if she hadn't tried to kill herself, why the hell would she want to do that anyway, why do girls allow silly things get to them anyway, I don't think she knows how much she's worth"

Raheema giggled.

"See, you thought about her, she's obviously the one you love…..this, Summer, tell me is she pretty?" Raheema playfully hit her upper arm into his urging him on.

A smile graced his lips, he tried to hide it"

"She is the prettiest girl I've met so far" Kuzo said.

Raheema punched his arm.

"Ouch, are all African girls the same?"

"Are you telling your betrothed that another girl is actually prettier than me?" Raheema said but he could tell she wasn’t mad.

"That hurt Raheema"

She stuck her tongue out. He giggled.

"That was a trick question I guess, anyway, you're next to her in terms of beauty" Kuzo raised a brow.

"I'm going to get packed"

"You will seriously just brush of my compliment like that?" Kuzo said almost laughing.

"You may be handsome, but you're definitely not my type"

"That just hurt my ego" Kuzo placed his palm against his heart.

"Well good"

"Interesting"

She frowned and then turned to face him.

"What is an ego?" Raheema asked.

Kuzo took her hand, made it into a fist and wrapped his hand over her small fist.

"Ever heard of magic?"

"Ego is magic?" She asked, he giggled.

"I admire your naivety" He said.

"I've seen my mom do this twice" Kuzo said, then he shut his eyes and hers widened. She felt something grow in her fist. He opened his eyes and took off his hand and she opened her palm to reveal a seed.

"What is this?"

"Gosh I did it, I really did it, mom always said it was easy but I guess I never believed I could actually do it" Kuzo hopped off the bed in excitement.

"You've never done this before?" She beamed.

"No, I haven't"

"I guess that makes me special" She smiled.

"You just blushed" He teased.

"What is blushed?"

"Just chew the seed already" Kuzo said exasperated and yet anxious.

She slowly put the seed in her mouth and chewed.

"It's so bitter" She squeezed her face.

"You'll feel better when you swallow it" Kuzo encouraged.

She did swallow it.

And her eyes enlarged. Kuzo was worried, oblivious if the seed could harm her.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"My pupils just dilated didn't they?" She widened her eyes and stared into Kuzo's face.

"I know what ego means, and blushed….and……jerk" She said and they both laughed out so loud.