CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

France, Paris

"I can't believe he was killed here" Summer looked down at the epitaph of Jacques De Molay.

"Yh, pretty surreal huh"

"Yeah, we would never forget you Jacques" Summer touched it and placed her rose on it then the two walked away. It was their last day in Paris, they were going to Antwerp the following day by train.

She had been so happy, she had her best friend again. That night they had dinner together at a restaurant. After dinner they took a walk. His arm around her neck, hers across his back while her free hand interlocked fingers with Kuzo's which was around her neck.

"Whats going to happen once we get back to the States. He said.

She sighed.

"I thought we agreed not to talk about this"

"You need to know what your next step is" He said.

"I'm going to call off the wedding" She said bluntly.

"Is that what you really want to do?"

She frowned and then stepped up to face him.

"What would you rather have me do, why that question, is that not what you want?"

"What I want, Summer, it should not be about what I want"

She stared at him, almost smiling, but there was something wrong with that smile. She was surprused, probably shocked.

"I don't believe it, you really don't feel the same way do you?"

"Summer…."

"No don't, just don't speak, everything you’ve said, I finally realized you never really ever spoke about how you feel"

"I only just got back Summer and I don't even know what I feel, I don't want to mislead you"

"Oh I see, how noble" She said, her eyes glistened like diamond stud. She spun on her boots and walked away.

"Summer, come on!" Kuzo called her back but she ignored him.

***

Kuzo got to the hotel in which they were staying but Summer had locked him out. He got himself another room and settled in. He tried reaching her on phone but she ignored him, his calls, his messages, and when she decided she had had enough, she turned off her phone and went to bed.

Kuzo woke up the following morning to find a message from Summer.

"I'm not going to Antwerp anymore, I booked a flight back to the states tomorrow, have fun" It read.

That was it.

"If that was how she wanted to play it out, fine".

"Safe trip back, was hoping we could talk, meet me at the cafeteria at 10, if you do" He replied.

He took a shower, dressed up and made it to the cafeteria before 10. He waited for two hours and called her several times, she ignored. He paid for his meal and went back up to his room. To his surprise his clothes had been returned.

He didn't even open the suitcase. He called for a cab and made it out of the hotel in time to get to the train station. He was hoping he would see her there but no, she wasn’t in the train. He went to Antwerp all alone.