CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Kuzo had been walking for hours under the scorching sun, looking for Summer, he was beginning to worry that she'd trailed into a black hole or something. If at least he knew what had gone wrong or why what had happened had happened. He was thirsty and starved and worn out, his feet hurt. Then he saw something in the distance, it looked like a mirage and it looked like a very large black bird. It flew towards him and his sight began to fail him, he dropped to the floor just as the black hairy feet touched the floor and begun to shrink,
then Fiji was licking his face.

"Fiji?, how did you….i thought you were a raven come to save my Elijah situation" He just lay there weak and drained, his lips were dry and so was his throat.

"Summer, we need to find Summer….." He said weakly, just before his last bit of strength escaped his mouth in a very weary attempt to breathe. He passed out.

He woke up to an unsteady movement, his body was moving but he wasn’t the one moving it. He opened his eyes slowly and gave himself time to process what was going on.

Fiji was on his chest as he lay on what seemed to be a straw mat, he was being carried by four men as he hovered a few metres above the ground.

"What's going on?"

"Thank goodness you are awake" Fiji said.

"What the….you talk?"

"We haven't  got all day"

"Where are we?" Kuzo looked up at the men, all were focused ahead and chanting something as they walked through a stone like building which held burning torches on the stone walls, the source of all the light.

"I think Egypt"

"Egypt?"

He studied the people again, their jewellery, the skilts they wore.

"What on earth are we doing here in Egypt?"

"This is my home" Fiji said.

"You crushed the blue capsule didn't you?"

"How did you know that"

"Didn't it occur to you that the colours may have represented something, anyway it a good thing it wasn’t the amber, we need to find the other piece of the staff but its only the white capsule that will take us there, clever Mabu, hiding the staff in its birth place would have been too obvious" Fiji said.

"How is it that you can talk and these people don't hear you?"

"I speak to whom I choose and you only understand me because you’ve tasted the seed of languages"

"I doubt that, I didn't understand Danish back there in Ghana"

"Oh…..interesting" Fiji said and then he hopped off Kuzo's chest and unto the ground.

"The King has returned to us, unharmed and alive, the ceremony shall proceed" A voice said.

A pretty lady dressed in the most beautiful of gowns with golden jewelery walked down from the throne to him, courtsied and then smiled at him, then to his surprise she threw her arms around him and hugged him.

"Fiji?" He called to the dog who was just being a dog.

"Come, I'll take you to your quarters, and your….pet" She looked down at Fiji in a manner that supposed she didn't really know what exactly it was.

"He stays with me, he doesn’t like people touching him"

Kuzo said and picked Fiji up.

"You got that part right" Fiji said coyly.

"Quiet!" Kuzo hushed him and the girl giggled.

"You never cease to amaze me, come" She took him by the hand and pulled him along.

They walked together through the castle which was amazingly huge and beautiful, with high pillars that had climbing plants and flowers all around them. The architecture was intriguing and Kuzo feasted his eyes on it all.

"You’ve been gone a year Amenemha"

"I'm sorry but….."

"After the three codes disappeared you left"

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about and I'm not from here"

"But you speak our language, how then?" She said with a smile.

"Come my love, tell me about your expeditions, oh I'm sorry, you must eat" She took his hand like she had done and pulled him to the table which he had not noticed earlier. It was completely filled with goodies from end to end.

"All this is mine?" Kuzo asked.

She nodded.

His mouth was watering and his tummy grumbled but he was more than scared to touch anything.

"Go ahead, we wont bite" She giggled.

She had the softest voice he had ever heard and she was pretty too, but why had she called him 'my love?'

He let go of Kuzo, washed his hands into a bowl and began to eat, Fiji joined in too.

"Now you're back, the wedding will proceed" She said, he choked and coughed violently hitting his chest.

"Careful there" She giggled.

"What wedding" He said before he grabbed a pitcher of water and drank.

"Our wedding of course, you will be made King and you will marry me"

Kuzo swallowed.