CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Essien was walking towards the elevator with anxiety playing lacrosse with his heart. The catch phrase would have been to not cross but it was too late, he had already stepped into the elevator. It went up.

"You're sure you don't know why the boss wants to see me" Essien asked his colleague Michel Sanders.

"No, he hardly ever comes here, but I'm not sure it's about your case, I thought you worked things through"

"We did"

"So what shit did you get yourself into this time man"

"I cannot begin to comprehend it myself"

Sanders his colleague and friend sighed and then the elevator doors opened.

"Good luck in there man"

Sanders said and took his turn, Essien proceeded to the office of the CEO and founder himself,

Charles Sarkozy, who had left his well established business in his son's hands.

Essien walked in and was surprised they had left the detail about a conference hidden from him.

Before his eyes was a delegation of twelve, he felt he had just walked into the President conference room.

"Great" he muttered.

Two Hours later

Essien pushed his way out of Sarkozy's office, loosened his tie and rushed towards the elevator.

"You don't know what you're doing Mr. Asanti" A woman walked out after him, she looked to be in her sixties but very much firm enough.

"I do know what you guys want to turn me into and I won't do it" Essien snarled back at her before turning to continue his journey towards the end of the hallway.

She watched on, scanned around to see if there were people close by then grabbed her phone.

"He didn't take it, it's no longer a negotiation, you know what to do" She said undertone.

****

Maryland, Baltimore

"I told you the Marble Frost was to die for, in Geeces, there is this snack that is sold pretty much on every airbus, they're called Bofrots, we've got vendor machines that sell cinnamon sugar Bofrots, and some have Bavarian cream in them, it's nothing like anything you've ever tasted.

"Geeces, is that where you're from?"

"Ummm, Ghana, I meant Ghana"

"You're kidding right?" She wore a look of disbelief.

"Why?"

"My dad is from Ghana"

"You don't say" He feigned dismay.

"Yeah, that pretty much of a coincidence, but my dad never mentions anything about airbuses"

"Oh, Yh, they exist only in my imagination did I not say" He said and she giggled.

"You're so funny" Summer bit into her large donut as the two walked.

"You really don't have to walk me all the way home Kuzo"

"I want to, that is if you don't mind" Kuzo said politely, he didn't want to impose.

"No, I don't mind" Summer smiled and the duo continued their chit chat towards Summer's house.

They arrived at Summers house in a couple of minutes, they didn't even realize time was far spent.

"Thanks for walking me home"

"Anytime"

"I would walk you next time"

"It’s a deal" Kuzo said with a smile, she smiled back. Just as she turned to walk towards the front door, the door flew open and out walked her step mother with a baby girl on her hip.

"What took you so long to get here, I've had to babysit Jean and Jason on my own, do you know how stressful that has been?"

Summer sighed and then turned to Kuzo.

"I'll see you tomorrow" Summer said and walked in. Kuzo turned to walk away.

She didn't even say a word to him, Kuzo had hoped she didn't.