CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

It had been a week since everything went back to normal. To the world it was just a weather scare, but to everyone who saw what had happened, it was an enchanting experience, but not for Mabu. Kuzo had still not returned and Essien had tried to console his wife but nothing he did made her happy. The nymphs left gifts at her door once in a while, they gave her joy briefly but within her , she knew her curse had taken a whole new twist. There was no returning to Geeces without Kuzo, he wouldn’t exist there. Even though returning could be an impossibility.

One afternoon as the sun had just began to set, she saw a shadow outside in front of her door.

She rushed to the door and opened it but it wasn’t Kuzo.

"Tim?" Mabu's eyes filled up with tears at the sight of the old man who was being helped by his grand daughter. George stepped out of the car with a suitcase.

"It is you, I knew I was going to see you one last time before I died" He said.

"Oh Tim" Mabu hugged the old man and laughed as tears streamed down both their faces.

"I told you she was real" he said to his grand daughter.

"After I told him about you, he kept insisting on coming to America so well I thought I needed the vacation too"

"Come on in, all of you"

"Who is it honey?" Essien walked in with garden gloves on.

He too welcomed them and was introduced to Tim by his wife.

"You found a fine man, I heard about your son, have faith" Tim said with his frail voice. Mabu smiled and Essie nodded as his arm went across his wife's back.

"I'll help with that"

"You did surprise us"

"Well not me, I knew they were coming" Essien confessed.

"It was his idea"

"Oh Essien" Mabu hugged him. He kissed the top of her head.

"Let's get you settled in, there's beer in the fridge and wine, Essien stocked up and pretty much got everything ready, and I thought he was just being a helping husband" Mabu said and they laughed.

Suri walked in and slammed the door grumpily.

"Now sit!" Mabu went to check on her.

"Fiji is just so disrespectful, will you believe he pee'd on my Jimmy Choos""Since when did Jimmy Choo shoes, become a thing for you?" Mabu giggled.

"Since I stepped out of my tomb and into a world of fashion" She said, and then she noticed they had visitors. She went in to say hi while Mabu closed the door, she took one last look out, hoping to see Kuzo walk in, she missed the way he always slammed the doors. She smiled and shut it gently and then she joined the others.

***

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER

Summer wrapped her red knitted scarf around her neck as she stepped out of her car with a cup of coffee in her hand. She walked into her building, she'd started her own recycling firm and was working the sciences to purify the air and stop global warming. She was successful, despite that, she could not hold on to any relationship. And even though she was to wed in a few weeks she wasn’t certain it was a good idea, she had thought of cancelling the wedding but that will be the fifth wedding she would be cancelling in her lifetime.

Her father divorced her step mother and remarried a younger woman, Shayanne, who was everything, fun, crazy and more like a best friend to Summer. Her life had turned out awesome. After Jason died four years after Kuzo left, she had been filled with a loneliness that had got her thinking of suicide, but each time she thought of it, Kuzo popped up in her mind and she would feel so ashamed. She saw a psychologist, who turned out to be her next step mother, Shayanne.