CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

1813, Elmina, Cape Coast

Kuzo and Summer appeared on the shores of a strange town. They were surrounded by strange people, Summer clung to him in fear.

"Where are we?"

"Stay close and don't do anything"

They were already being stared at. Their clothes had changed as well, nothing on them showed they were from another time. as if they had lived in that strange land all their lives.

She could feel her shaking in fear. The natives who seemed to be fishermen, fixing their nets only stared, so did women who had babies tied to their backs.

Kuzo walked up to them.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me where we are?" He said to an elderly looking man who was mending his net.

He said a few things and at once Kuzo knew where he was. He scanned around to make sure and then he saw it. His gaze froze as sea water hit against a rock and splattered on their backs.

"Medaase" He said to the man's surprise.

"Where are we, you speak their language?" Summer whispered as they walked away.

"Summer you need to keep a fair distance these people are traditional and clinging to me like that could put us in trouble, we really don't want to call any attention" He whispered and she adhered.

"You haven't answered my question" She said and then he spotted a man in uniform, his color immediately distinguished him from the black people. He was speaking with one of the natives who turned towards their direction and pointed. The man looked at them.

"Shit, they must have seen us come out of the sea, the way" He grabbed Summer and doubled his steps.

They occasionally looked behind and when they saw the white man ran after them, they took to their heels too.

"Kuzo where the hell are we and why are we being chased?" Summer asked.

"We're in Ghana, Gold Coast, precisely and if we are caught, we're gonna end up in that white castle on the hill"

"Is that castle the slave castle…..?"

"Yes it is now run like hell and stay close"

***

Kuzo had no idea how long they had been running or how far they had gone but when all he could see was forest, he knew he needed to get away as far as he could from the slave traders. He had no idea what time he was in and so he couldn’t tell whose colony it was at the time.

"Stop!" Summer stopped running. She seemed irritated and was panting heavily.

"Do you mind telling me what the hell we are doing in Ghana?, and why the hell are we running?, how did we even get here?"

"Time travel?"

"What?" She looked at him as if he was a complete idiot.

"Have you lost your mind or do I have to hit you to get you to make sense, your mother just pulled us out of the ocean with vines coming out of her hands, her eyes glow like high lights and now you're telling me we time travelled?"

Kuzo only stared.

"You arent kidding are you?"

"No Summer, I'm not from your time either. Im from Geeces, that is Ghana, in the year 4,900. My mom only brought us here because she wanted us away from some very bad people who want something she has. A soul stone. I'm not really sure what it does but its sustained my mother for centuries. She sent us here to find something because im sure my father is in trouble and he needs her help, that’s what her statement about going after him should mean. My dad, he is a brilliant Engineer and if people from your time get a hold of him, I do not want to even think f what they would use him for"