CHAPTER FORTY ONE

EGYPT

They arrived in Egypt to the surprise of everyone. Even her father.

"You never sent a message telling of your coming, we would have prepared for it" Raheema's father hugged his daughter.

"Oh Father, I missed you so, you too mother" She hugged her mother and sisters.

"I can see you bring with you a visitor" Raheema's mother said, looking at Summer.

"Yes, she was a slave, we bought, she is to be my maiden" Raheema explained and Kuzo almost laughed.

The King walked down to them and greeted them, Summer curtsied.

"Very disciplined too" The Pharaoh smiled at her.

"Go freshen up while I speak with my son in law"

Summer shot Kuzo a look of surprise, they had left that bit out.

"Come Summer, I'll show you my room" Raheema grabbed Summer's hand and pulled her along.
"son in law?  Summer said.
"Shush" Raheema warned.

Kuzo felt uneasy in the Pharaoh's presence.

"Come on son, let's take a walk"

***

I know that the wedding is perhaps too soon for you both, but there has been demands for an heir to the throne and the people do not believe in the rule of a queen.
Kuzo swallowed.

A kid?
He had to get the hell out of Egypt.  he thought.

"But there were and are going to be amazing queen rulers, Nefertiti, Cleopatra…."

" But not Raheema, she's….."

"Brave, beautiful, strong willed and will make a perfect queen, you should put more confidence in her"

"She is too childish"

"Yes she is, but in her is a heart of gold, she will do anything for a good cause and not think twice about it, she would give her life for the ones she loves and smile doing it, she has all the qualities to pass for a queen, trust me I have seen it"

"You seem to know more about my daughter than I do "

"She's amazing and there is no doubt that she will make a great wife, but this trip with her has made me realize that forcing her into a marriage and a life that she doesn’t want to live will be the wrong move, and a disrespect to her life as a fair maiden with dreams as wild as the Nile, you see my King, I cannot marry Raheema because despite the fact that her heart is here with you, she wants to be the daughter that fights for Egypt and not just delegate for it, make her queen if she wills it and you won't regret it, but do not force a man on her and subject your daughter to a life empty of the thrills of love"

Kuzo was honestly surprised the King listened. He was scared that at the end of his speech the King would demand his head on a silver platter. But once his statement came to its last word, the King smiled and touched both his shoulders.

"My daughter already told me before your trip that your heart is with someone else, and she insists you are not the love of her life Amenemha, who loved to travel and somehow never came back.

"Do I look that much like him"

"I would say you are him" The King replied.

"The gods are playing with me for a reason and I'm sure it's because of the food exchanges" The Pharaoh said.

"Food exchanges?"

"I interchanged their favorite foods for weeks"

"And you actually believe they eat all that?"