CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Kuzo trotted over to the beach, of course there was no one there. Everyone stayed indoors. All except him.

He walked towards the shore and saw a girl standing at the edge of the sea, he drew closer and then she began to walk towards it as if in a trance.

Could it…..?

Before he gave himself any more time to decide if it could or couldn’t be Summer attempting to commit suicide, he began to ran as fast as he could.

"Hey! Summer stop, what are you doing?" He was walking into the water with all his clothes and shoes on trying to get to her on time but she was already below. He dived in and tried to keep his eyes open but this time he'd forgotten to take the goggles.

"Summer!" He surfaced and called out.

The waves were too strong.

But he saw her in a distance being carried away, he could feel the vibrations of the suit as he began to swim, then it moved him steadily yet at a quick pace.

"Gotcha!" He grabbed her. She was still, her eyes were closed. He turned and began to swim towards shore, the waves grew stronger but they made it.

"Come on" He began to pump her chest but she wasn’t coming through. It took nearly a minute to get her to cough out all the sea water she had drank.

She exhaled and coughed violently, then she began to feel cold.

His jacket was all soaked too so there wasn’t really much he could do.

"Kuzo!" She said. her eyes fixed on the ocean. He turned. A wave towering nearly as high as a four floor bungalow was heading towards them.

"We need to go, come on, we need to go now!" He helped her up and the two began to ran as fast as they could away from the beach, they both ran barefooted as they realized they had no shoes on anymore and as if my a miracle, Kuzo's home appeared right in front of them.

"We need to get my mom"

"Kuzo I need to get to JJ"

"Who's JJ?"

"Jason James,  My brother, he's back home, I need to get to him"

Kuzo stopped then looked at his home and then at her then he recalled she saying he couldn’t walk and he used a wheel chair.

"Okay, Let me grab the car keys" He rushed in and grabbed the keys to his father's SUV He had the urge to check on his mother but he had no time. He ran out, opened the garage and urged Summer to get in.

"You drive?" Summer asked.

"This thing is just an engine activated with oil and uses pedals not combination keys it’s the easiest science, of course I could manoeuvre it, buckle up!" He said and reversed.

Soon he was speeding away towards Summer's home.

They arrived in no time and she couldn’t wait for him to stop, she opened her door and hopped out and ran as fast as she could into the house.

"JJ! Jason….Jason James!, Jase….." She called from room to room, Kuzo stayed closely behind her helping her to search for her brother.

"Summer" He called her attention to the wheelchair he saw in the kitchen.

"I think they left" Kuzo said.

There was nobody at home. She tried calling her father but there was no network

"Shit!" She was distraught and shaken all over.

"Hey….hey….look at me.." But her mind was already wandering off. She was shivering violently and her eyes were roaming all about the room as if she was searching for something, as the storm continued to rage outside,  the winds shook things inside,  it was pretty scary. .