Chapter 39

"I can't do it!" I yelled at Josh from across the forest. "try again dammit!" he yelled back at me. He was trying to teach me how to make my wings come out and fly since according to him 'now is the time' the bone of the wings had been sticking out for about a week and it looks gross, whenever I wear my shirts the bones would just stick out, I looked like Quasimodo or something. "Just concentrate, look i'll show you again." he turned around, his back facing me and two wings unfolded perfectly from his back. They were a reddish brown color and had a claw like form at the top for climbing trees like how bats do. They were big and beautiful. "you see? it's easy, just take a deep breath and imagine your wings coming out." I did as I was told and closed my eyes taking a deep breath, remembering the transformation I did as a wolf, it was the same thing but in vampire form. Suddenly I felt a ticklish movement in my back and heard the popping and cracking of bones. I heard someone gasp and my back went cold. I still didn't open my eyes until I was sure that I had done it. I opened my left eye slowly and saw Josh with his mouth dropped open looking up and behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw a huge pair of wings. I touched them and they were wet and slimy, thats why they were cold. But my wings were different, they looked different that is. They weren't a basic brown, or red. They were an ardoise type of shade. Like a blueish gray, and the claw at the top was huge a lot bigger than Josh's. They were actually bigger than Josh's too. "I've always heard about these types of wings but I've never seen them before," Josh said walking towards me and Drake behind. "cool" Drake said low enough for me to hear. "is that bad?" I answered Josh's comment. "no! on the contrary these wings have a lot of significance in the super natural world. Have you ever heard of the term 'blue blood'? that term was used for the kings and queens, royal blood were the only ones with blue wings. And look at that! you have blue wings!" He smiled. They were more gray than blue though to be honest. "their beautiful." Drake looked at my wings then smiled at me, showing his diamond like teeth and peridot green eyes that made the diamond museum look like nothing compared to him. "I can't believe royal blood is related to me!" Josh cheered skipping into the house as me and Drake watched him laughing.