Chapter 18

The drive home was silent. Drake never took his eyes off the road. Drake decided to make a home burial for Marmaduke. The guilt was eating me alive. "Drake I'm really sorr-" he interrupted. "why." Was all he said. "what?" I asked. "why? Why did you go out at almost 6 in the morning? Huh? What was so possibly important that you needed to walk, by yourself around the whole town?" I stayed quiet, he had a point. "so what was it? Having a blood frenzy?" Now that got me mad. "you think i chose to be this, this thing? You don't think i want my old life back?" I started crying thinking of the happy girl i used to be. "you don't think i want to get back in school and have my old friends back? It is a nightmare being what I am. I can't control my emotions, I have nightmares that scar me for days, I go on rampages when I'm angry, and I hate. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm immortal I would kill myself. You really have no idea what it is, to be me." I caught my breath at the last sentence. From that moment on, no one spoke until we got home.

     Drake opened the front door while I carried Marmaduke with a white sheet over him inside. Drake held his hands out for me to give him Duke and I did. He walked outside to the backyard and i saw him place Marmaduke in his dog house. He walked back inside and said "tomorrow we'll do the burial." I noded and walked back to the room.