Chapter 33

This time i woke up on the icy cold snow. Naked. But I saw that I had a print of a spiral star on my chest. "what the hell?" I said trying to rub the star off, but I guess it was a tattoo. I was gonna to freeze to death if I didn't find shelter. and then I heard the howls and the footsteps. I decided to hide.

A pack of wolves ran howling past me, wierd how they didn't smell me. A greyish whitish wolf came towards me I was terrified and was to cold to even react. Instantly the cracking of bones came to my ears. I stayed behind the tree covering myself. The grey wolf turned into a human boy, he was a werewolf. My heart began to race thinking I was gonna die if he found out I was a vampire. I hid deeper behind the tree. "what are you doing? You're gonna freeze to death if you don't shift." He chuckled. But i stayed quiet. The boy was around my age and had curly ruffled brown hair and gray eyes. He had the same spiral star tattoo on his chest. He was also naked. I felt my face heat up and start to blush. He didn't attack me, that means I'm no longer a vampire. "shift?" I said low. "your kidding right? shift into a wolf." He had a questioning look. "h-how do you do that?" He chuckled once again. "seriously are you okay? I think the snow got to ya, just feel yourself shifting into a wolf." He smiled at me backing up shifting into the grey wolf and running in the direction of the rest of the pack. He was really kind, why would vampires ever hate people like him?

I closed my eyes and inhaled and exhaled. Imaging myself becoming a werewolf. Then the familiar cracking of bones was heard. I opened my eyes and saw my furry brown paws. "fantastic I'm a dog." I thought to myself. I ran in the direction the boy had ran. It felt nice being a werewolf. I felt fast and strong. Suddenly the idea popped to my head, I stopped running to try something, i took a big huff of breath and, *OOOWWW* I howled at the top of my lungs. I waited a bit and then the entourage of wolf howls began, i laughed which sounded like a dog cry, but i liked it. In a flash a huge pain began on my right shoulder blade, i looked over and saw my shoulder bleeding little blood stains covered the white snow. I looked around and saw an arrow infront of me with blood on the top. I had to run.

I remember once reading something with Drake about werewolves and I read that a pack could talk to each other through telepathy so I tried talking to that boy I met earlier. "the grey wolf that helped me earlier, i need to speak with you." I said fast while running at the speed of light. "it's Florian? Florian Kholer? Your brother? Seriously what is wrong with you today Anneliese?" Anneliese? I guess that's my name. 'listen, Florian, someone just hit me in the shoulder blade with an arrow. Warn the pack.' I warned him 'got it.' Was all he said. Then i heard a loud howl, different from the one I did earlier, this one was deadly.

I kept running. And from my peripheral vision I saw two males on my left and a girl on the right, they weren't human, they were vampires.

We were all running so fast that I stopped quickly while they tried slowing down I took a sharp turn into the forest and lost them. I ran faster to go warn the pack that their were vampires, but it was too late.

There were dead werewolves and blood spilling all over the white snow. I hid behind a tree so no one would see me and then I saw something I wish i never had seen. I saw James fighting with Florian's wolf, James got a hold of him and snapped his neck, killing him instantly. My heart broke, a tear slipped from the corner of my eye. Even though I didn't know Florian that well I still felt in a little corner of my heart that he was someone really special in this girl, Anneliese's life. Her brother. Florian's lifeless body dropped to the floor. James stood over a memorial statue and yelled out "Victory shall forever be ours!" The rest of the vampires cheered and laughed. I was furious, i charged towards James with anger in my voice i yelled out in mid air "YOU WILL NO LONGER BE KING!" Before I knew it there was a sword to my back.