CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Start from the beginning

"Kuzo!" She run into his arms and he welcomed the embrace.

"Thank goodness you're ok, I was so worried"

"The next time I tell you to think of home, or me, think of me"

"Well Raheema said you crushed the wrong capsule so I really don't see how that was my fault, speaking of which, did you bring it along?"

"Sure did, now thinking about it, I should have just crushed the capsule that took me to the third piece if I knew it was a short cut all along.

"You just weren't so sure, if it had me in it" Summer smiled.

"Exactly, How you still managed to get here, I wonder, I guess mom knew all along that you were a part of all this, she wouldn’t have allowed you come, but I'm really glad you're okay, both of you, I see you’ve met Raheema already" Kuzo hugged the Egyptian princess.

"Oh yes, she never stops talking" Summer smiled at her.

"She should tell you about her adventures in Rome with the lions" Raheema giggled.

"Now that’s a story we would all love to hear, Join us for dinner ladies" De Molay said and a seat was pulled for each of them. Fiji barked.

"Good to see you too Fiji"

"He talks to his dog, did you know that" Raheema whispered to Summer, she rolled her eyes.

After dinner De Molay found Kuzo, got him at a time he was alone.

"Listen child, I do not know what you would face out there, but take these….you will need them"

He put what looked like coins in his hand..

"What are these?" Kuzo looked at them, they looked like pretty strange coins.

"You will need them" De Molay walked away.

***

Kuzo found himself staring down over the balcony of the fortress in which the Knights lived. It was very high and gave him a pretty good view of France at night.

"Couldn’t sleep?" Kuzo turned and was surprised to find Summer behind him.

"How can I, with all that is about to go down" Kuzo sighed. Summer walked closer.

"Neither can the Knights, they all seem strong and brave but they too are human, it really isn't easy to embrace death you know. It will take a while before De Molay dies and it's not like we would be here by then, hopefully we would be back in our time and by then that would have already happened.

"I guess that’s the only way we can prevent them from dying a second time" Kuzo chuckled and she giggled.

"I miss home, funny I always wanted to ran away, but now I keep thinking of my brother, my father, even my evil step mother.

"The best parts of being here is not having to bare thinking you walk about with those scars on your back" He exhaled. She could tell it had taken a lot for him to actually say that.

She smiled and slipped her hand into his and rested her head on his shoulder.

"If you ever go back to the future don't screw up with my great great great great many great granddaughter, else I would come back like a shriveled old woman with barely any hair left and spook the hell out of you"

He giggled.

"I almost believe that" Kuzo said and she laughed and sniffed. Then she wiped a tear, that was when he knew she was crying.

He turned to face her but she looked down, he lifted up her chin and smiled at her.

"We will be fine. We will find the last piece and we will go home" Kuzo said.

"Oh Kuzo, you still don't get it do you, what happens if you have to go back to your time, I know how this works, you would know nothing of me and I wouldn’t know you either, I don't want to go home if you're not going to be there"

Kuzo had never thought of it. Home could take him back to his time and she to hers.

"Hey you don't have to cry, my mom always said, home is where you make it and for me Geeces was never home although my dad was always home and there's so much technology and all, it isn't like that in Baltimore, but until you appeared Baltimore was just……Baltimore. If I could tweak that to suit my preferences, I would always choose you because you taught me what friendship is truly been about, and I would do anything to remain that way, even if time is not in my control. And if I cannot stay with you, I would walk through time a thousand times to visit, even if mom forbids it,  I will invent something that permits it " He wiped a tear, she smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you Kuzo, for everything, I'm so happy I met you"

"Me too" He whispered.