Chapter 74

Benjamin's POV.

I came in the house and it was weird how Sofia and Carlene were both not in the living room. I quickly went to the swimming pool side and saw Carlene standing there.

"Where is Sofia?" I asked her and she just looked at me guilty. I followed where her eyes were watching and saw Sofia drowning.

I jumped in the swimming pool forgetting that my phone and everything was in my pocket, but right now that wasn't important.

I took her out of the swimming pool and quickly placed her on the floor.

I placed my ear next to her mouth and nose but she wasn't breathing. I checked the pulse but there was no pulse.

I quickly placed the heel of my one hand in the center of Sofia's chest and my other hand on top of my hand. I might have never performed a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation but there was no way I could let Sofia die.

"You idiot." Carlene pushed me off Sofia. "You don't even know anything about CPR." She shouted and started doing it.

I watched Carlene perform the CPR on Sofia. I quickly searched for a phone and found Carlene's phone. I called the ambulance and pray they arrive on time. I heard Sofia coughing and I turned to them.

"You definitely owe me a lot Benjamin." Carlene said getting up.

"We have to get her to the hospital, why don't you start the car." I told Carlene and she nod.

"Elijah."

"He is fine." I assured Sofia picking her up.

* * * * * *

"Is she going to be fine?" I asked the doctor.

"You did well with the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation but I'll let you know if something happens." She quickly walked away going to the direction where they took Sofia.

"Well, thanks to me Sofia is alive." Carlene said.

"You caused all this. What the fuck was Sofia even doing near the swimming pool?" I asked Carlene.

"What do you mean near the swimming pool? Honey she was in the swimming pool." She mumbled.

"Listen to me." I started, lifting her chin up. "Trust me Carlene, if Sofia says anything about you being the one that forced her to swim, you will never live to see another day."

"Are you threatening me?" She asked.

"It's a promise wife." I replied.

"Well for your information sweetheart, Sofia will definitely leave you if she finds out you murdered me. So watch how you speak to me, because I'm tired of always being an obedient wife."

"Mr Carson." The doctor said interrupting me and Carlene. "Sofia wants to see Elijah."

"I'll go in so long, Elijah is on his way here." I told the doctor but she shook her head.

"She doesn't want to see anyone expect her son Elijah." The doctor said.

"I'm her husband. I have the right to see my wife." I mumbled and Carlene started laughing.

"I'm sorry sir but Sofia said she doesn't want to see anyone expect her---"

"I came here as soon as I could." Jay said running towards us with Elijah. "How is she doing?" He asked.

"She's fine but she wants to see Elijah." The doctor answered him and he quickly put Elijah down. "Don't you want to see your mother little boy?" She asked Elijah and he nod excited.