Chapter 9

- Everything happens for a reason

- Just like

- Everything isn't what it seems.

~ AnnaHendricks

Benjamin's POV.

Shit, I can't believe I'm late, because I had to take a long way just to get here. I can't believe everywhere was actually blocked. I don't know what happened, but there were lots of people blocking the way and the damn police and ambulance were there.

I took a seat as I was looking around to see if I could find Sofia sitting in another table, but no! There was no sign of her.

Where is she?

She's always fucking late. But fifteen minutes late is not right. She was usually only late for about three minutes at most.

I called a waiter, fuck I can't believe she's a woman. One thing I hate most is women's, always trying to flirt with me. I know there are good respectful women's in this world but these ones really give them a bad reputation!

Just because a man is rich or good looking, doesn't mean it gives them the right to act cheap!

"Can I get you anything, handsome?" The waiter asked me to get closer to me.

Such an idiot that she doesn't know who I am, or how I can be?

"Get the fuc--" I got interrupted by my phone ringing and so I took my phone out.

I usually don't answer calls but when it's personal and it's from Jacob or any of the guys I always pick it up quickly.

"Benjamin did you hear?" Jacob asked me immediately.

"Heard what?" I asked him, but all I could hear was his breath. He was taking deep breaths as if something bad happened.

Jacob Cold is one of the people I trust the most. But Damien is actually the one I would trust with my life. As much as we hate each other right now. I know he cares for me, just like I do.

"There was a shooting near crossroads restaurant that you were going to meet your friend." His voice sounded like he was afraid of something.

I didn't tell Jacob I was going to meet Sofia all I said was I'm going to meet a friend. At least now I understand why that whole place was fucking closed. I had to take the long way just to get to this shitty restaurant.

"And what's that got to do with me? You wasting my time Jacob!" I shouted at him. I always hate how people just call for no reason.

Even if I trust him, I still make sure he knows his place. That his just the same as my other employees, nothing more.

"You might be in danger sir, they said they took a g--?" Before he finished the sentences I interrupted him "I can take care of myself goodnight."

I cut the call, and put my phone in my pocket because last time I lost my business phone. I don't plan on losing my private, family phone.

I searched for Sofia again, and still, I couldn't find her. I will fucking kill her if she did this on purpose.

Now I know why she wanted to meet here, so she could play me. I'll kill that woman one day. I called a waiter again and thank god this waiter is a guy.

"How can I help you, sir?" He asked me in a polite way. He must be the employee of the year I guess.

"Have you seen a woman dark brown hair, almost black. She was light-skinned." I could hardly describe Sofia. I always hated describing how people actually looked.