Chapter 54

Sofia's POV.

I woke up in the morning still thinking about a way to get back my necklace. Who does he even think he is stealing people's necklaces. He already took Elijah to school and I was actually happy to have the house to myself. I opened the phone he gave me for the first time.

Why the hell did he even give me a phone? My dad always said people who first refuse to give you something and later makes it a surprise for you is up to something. So what the hell is the devil up to?

I'm so glad I know how to work with technology. Especially if my dear husband did something to my phone. I opened the back of my phone and took the battery out but I found nothing.

I put the battery back on and switched the phone on. The minute the phone switched on I checked every app but there was a password. I didn't want to try figuring out the passwords so I went to my contacts and saw that I only had his number.

I quickly saw so many calls directed to him and I viewed it. All the calls were yesterday the same time I was with Masha and Jay but how the fuck did I call him if . . . Whoa he hacked the phone? that son of a gun.

"Is everything okay?" Benjamin asked standing in front me. I didn't even hear him come in.

"How did I get shot?" I asked getting up. I don't know why I'm only asking him this question but I do know that everyone that I asked gave me a different answer.

"Well, you were held hostage at a place they were robbing and Damien and I got in trying to help but the man panicked shooting you." I started laughing when he said that. "What's wrong?"

Wow, not even one story matches one another. Why the hell are they even all lying to me?

"You know Benjamin, your cousin Damien told me that day at the hospital that I got shot because someone broke into your house trying to send you a message." I told him.

"He said that?" He asked and I nod.

"Oh and Anna said I was going to buy something when all of a sudden Marko and I got hijacked. They shot both Marko and I." He shook his head after I told him that but I wasn't done.

"And her husband Marko said that I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Which I didn't understand but he just said I'll find out what he means when I get back my memory."

"So who do you believe?" He asked.

"I don't even trust anyone of you. But you know what? I would believe you if you just gave back my necklace." I smiled and he laughed.

"You can say whatever you want I won't give you my chain."

"You know what they say about men's that wear jewelries?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow. "They call them womanizers."

"You really think I care about that?" He walked away.

"Are you not going to give me a lift?" I asked walking after him.

"I came to fetch a file not to pick you up."

"But I can't walk all the way to the restaurant, it's far."

"Fine, I'll give you a lift."

I waited for him outside because I knew if he come out of the house before me and he would probably go without me.