Chapter 20

-Everything is never what it's seemed.-
- one minute she's here and the next she's gone -

~ BenjaminCarsonBlack.

Benjamin's POV.

It's already morning and Marko and the kids left. It's been hours and Charlotte still didn't come to the hospital. I just hope she's fine. But Anna is my biggest problem, I wonder how Marko handles her. God I always thought Sofia was a pain in the a** but she is nothing compared to Anna.

Anna, doesn't seem like just a normal women to me. It's like she's hiding something. But I don't care, because now, My only number one concern is Sofia.

Anna didn't let me see Sofia. She kept saying no. I was going to bring one of my guys to guard Sofia's door but it seems like I don't have to, because Anna is more scarier and worse then any of my guys. Some of the nurses are even complaining about her.

I'm tired of just waiting outside for Anna to move from Sofia's door, so as soon as Charlotte comes I'm going in even if I have to push her out of my way.

Just as I lost all my patient as I was about to go push Anna out of the way Charlotte showed up. She's got perfect timing this time.

"Where's Anna?" She said as she come closer to me. But I never told her about Anna or anything else. She doesn't even know Sofia is here. Unless well, Anna called her too.

"How do you know char ?" I asked her as I folded my arms across my chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Uhm--" before she finished her talking Anna interrupted her "finally you here." She said acting as if I'm not even here. God she makes me invisible every time she's here.

I took my chance when I saw that Anna was busy with Charlotte. I quickly moved quietly making sure Anna didn't notice me. I opened Sofia's door quietly and locked it, just in case Anna finds out and comes in looking for me.

"You awake?" I whispered hoping that Sofia is awake.

Before she replied she got up and sit on the bed "careful sofi." I said to her as I took a step forward.

"Thank you." She said as it sounded like she was whispering.

"Did they tr--" before I finished she snapped at me "of course not! The boss wasn't bad." She added as she looked down.

"I'm sor-sorry." I said putting my hand on my chest. I couldn't believe I apologized to her.

"I'm sorry to for everything." She said getting out of bed.

She walked up to me and hugged me. If she did this a few years ago I would've throw her hands off me, but now I don't know what got into me but I just hugged her back.

"Do you know who it was?" As soon as she heard what I asked she took a step back. Who ever kidnapped her must have made her so afraid, and God help whoever he or she is!

"A friend!" She said as a tear dropped from her eyes.

"He said he would come for you, for me and everyone else, that you love." She turned around and walked to the window.

"He said he would kill Elijah if he was your son." She looked out of the window watching the people walking and the cars. What did she mean by saying if Elijah was my son. Even if he was I would never left my kids be adopted let alone by Anna. That women.

"What else did he say ?" I took a step closer to her but it seems like she was even scared to look at me.

"He did everything for money Benjamin. So please just give him money." She pleaded and I could sense she was crying.

"I'm not paying anyone Sofia. Let say I am going to pay him, how would I know who he is ?" I moved closer to her.

"His your best-friend he said, he knows everything about you. He knows what happened  that night." She turned around to face me and I could see her tears in her eyes even though she was looking down trying to hide it.

She went down on the floor, I don't know what she was doing. But then she stand on her knees and looked up to me. Was she pleasing I couldn't understand what she was doing.

"What are you doing Sofia?" I took a step closer to her but she just held my legs, and started crying.

"Please Benjamin. Please don't hate for everything I did. Please Benjamin I'm so sorry don't take him. Please Benjamin please--." She kept begging me and crying the whole time. I couldn't believe what was happening. Sofia on her knees begging me. Whatever that man did to her must have scared her so much. But what did she mean don't take him away from me.

"Get up Sofia." I tried helping her up until I saw what looked like a tattoo on her shoulder.

"What's this ?" She quickly covered it thinking I didn't see it.

"I asked you a question Sofia!" I snapped at her, but she just took a step back. Damn I scared her away.

"I didn't mean to scare you Sofia. I won't hurt you. I would never." I tried assuring her that I would never hurt her but she just started crying. This is not the Sofia I knew. She's not the one I married. As much as Sofia was sweet, she knew not to look weak. She  always made sure I didn't see her cry, but this! God help whoever made her this way.

"He gave it to me, as a reminder. He said it was an early anniversary gift." She put her hand on her chest as she took a deep breath.

"Is it an A ?" I looked careful at what he tattooed on Sofia.

"Yes!" She whispered

"Why?" I knew I shouldn't be asking her questions yet, but whoever this kidnapper is, is a f*cking professional. One thing is for sure that we f*cking dealing with professionals.

"He said A is the letter almost every name has. He said A is the letter Elijah's name has, and yours, and--" she took a pause. I wanted to tell her that she didn't have to continue talking, but something told me I had to know.

"He said the best name you love doesn't have an A-!" She broke down in tears and there was nothing I could do to take the pain away. And this just made me helpless. Whoever kidnapped her just made me their number one enemy.

"Wait, why Elijah? Who's Elijah to you ?" Her eyes widened up as soon as I asked that question. She was so shocked. She looked at me like she was scared.

****