Chapter 49

Benjamin's POV.

It's been two days since Sofia come back home. She has been avoiding me and kept refusing to be alone with Elijah. She keeps talking in her sleep but refused to get help or anything.

Elijah noticed that his mother isn't even fine. He keeps asking me if she doesn't like him and I kept telling him she does but she always ruins it.

"What do you want now?" She asked coming downstairs. I have called her several times and this is the first time she actually came downstairs.

"How many times must I always call you?" I asked her getting up. Elijah was watching TV, and she hardly even speaks to her own child.

"I'm not your child." She said firmly. This is what I was talking about. Sofia has changed, she acts like a spoil brat that listens to no one. The only person she ever speaks so much to is Carlos.

"Elijah needs you, you can't always make the excuse you lost your memory. Don't you love him?" I asked trying my best not to lose my temper.

"Of cousre I love my child. If this is about me refusing to be alone with him then fine. I'll pick him from school and take him there starting tomorrow."

"Really?" I asked not believing a word she said. She nod her head and ran back up stairs.

"Daddy is mommy gonna take me?" He asked as I sat on the couch next to him.

"What did I tell you about eavesdropping?" I asked him and he looked at me confused not knowing anything that I just asked. "Yeah your mom will take you to school tomorrow."

"Promise."

"I promise."

** ** ** *

The next morning I woke up early because it was actually the first day I slept peaceful. Layla got discharge yesterday and she didn't want me to see her so I respected her wish.

I got out of my bed it was almost five. I have so much work to do. I still have to introduce Elijah to the world and don't even let me start with Carlene and her stupid father. My whole life is so messed up. I wish I could swipe it with Damien's.

I always close my door, and it's opened now.

My first thought was Elijah. I hope he wasn't looking for me again. I first checked my room before I left and saw Sofia sleeping on the floor.

I don't know how long I will survive with this Sofia.

I picked her up and placed her on my bed. She opened her eyes and looked at me "You again." She said getting out of my bed. I actually did her a favor by not letting her sleep on the floor and this is what I get."How many times must I tell you don't touch me."

"Touch you?" I asked laughing. "You were dirting my floor. These floors are too expensive for you to--" I stopped talking remembering I have to be 'nice' to her or she would get a set back.

"What?"

"Why didn't you wake me up if you couldn't sleep?"

"Who said I couldn't sleep? I just didn't want to be alone."

"Then you can sleep with Elijah, or you can share the bed with me I wouldn't mind as long as you don't sleep walk."

"Its fine. I'll go back to my room." She walked out of my room and I followed her as she entered the next room.

I went in Elijah's room and he was sleeping peaceful. I know this is definitely not the beginning of my happy family but at least Sofia is out of coma. I'll just wait for that man to strike again. And this time I'll be the one who he gets.