Chapter 40

--Flashback--

"BENJAMIN" Charlotte shouted running to him.

"Call an ambulance Jay." Carlos quickly said as he helped Charlotte with Benjamin.

"Is he dead ?" Jay asked making both Charlotte and Carlos act that he didn't ask them that stupid question.

"We have to use my car. The ambulance will take long." Charlotte said as Carlos and her pick Benjamin up. "Jay we need help." Charlotte added as Jay quickly helped them.

*****

Millions of thought were going on around their minds. They couldn't still come to conclusion of why Benjamin fainted. They all kept thinking that maybe it was Sofia. Maybe something happened to her but none of them thought that Alejandrino was dead.

"Is he fine ?" Charlotte asked the minute the doctor come to them with news. "Please don't tell me my only brother is gone." She added crying as Carlos gave her a hug but she pushed him away.

"Calm down ma'am. His alright. He just needs to rest." The Doctor said assuring Charlotte that Benjamin is fine. "When was the last time he ate something ?" She asked.

"I don't know. He has a wife." She said not knowing Benjamin is divorced.

"Well, just make sure he eats regularly because it looks like he hasn't been eating right." The doctor said as Charlotte nod her head. " Are you sure you don't want a checkup like your friend?" The doctor asked Carlos making him shake his head.

"Can I see him ?" Charlotte asked the doctor ignoring Carlos.

"Yeah, just make sure you don't take long because he needs to rest." The doctor left as Charlotte nod her head and turned to Carlos.

"Stop being stubborn Carlos. You need to do a checkup like Jay." Charlotte said taking a step back as Carlos took a step forward.

"I didn't want you finding out like this Charlotte." He said ignoring what Charlotte said.

"I don't care Carlos. All I know is if Layla finds this out she will freak out." Charlotte was concerned about her other best friend. Layla was a sweet girl who Carlos admitted he loved her since high school, even though Alejandrino who was Layla's adopted brother said he loves her too.

"Promise you won't tell her." Carlos said trying to beg Charlotte.

"She loves you, and if she finds out about this she will--" Charlotte couldn't even continue talking because she didn't know whether she can keep a secret like this from her childhood best friend.

"She doesn't. She loves her so call brother she loves Arlo  but please don't tell her." Carlos never believed anyone when they said Layla loves him. He have seen Alejandrino and he gave up on the fact that Layla looks happier with Alejandrino then with him. He sacrificed his love for his lover even though he annoyed her since high school and begged for her love.

"Speaking of Arlo. Where is he ?" Charlotte asked as Carlos was about to speak they both got interrupted.

"His dead." Benjamin said dressed in full. They both were shock at what he just said.