Chapter 11

Benjamin's POV.

I had enough of her talking. She was talking as if she knows what I have been through. I killed my own best friend's father. My mother died because of cancer and my father was never there. He abused my mother. He was never there for me. He was always sleeping around. God knows how many children he has. The only one Sister I have is Charlotte. But she also has been through worse. Charlotte is my stepsister, but unlike Charlotte, I had a mother who loved me. Charlotte didn't have a biological mother, because her mother was a woman who would always sleep with any men she sees. She was nothing different than a prostitute. So my mother took care of her. She loved her as much as a mother would love her daughter.

But tonight hearing this woman tell me all that shit of how no one cares about me and how I can't handle the truth. That made me so angry that I almost lost it.

But as soon as she said I abused Sofia. That made my blood boil. Who the hell does she think she is? I have never lift a finger at Sofia. I may have been strict with her. I may have punished her a bit. But I never abused her. I just told her to do things. I never would abuse a woman. I'm not my father that smacked my mother.

'Don't you think she's been through a lot? You think you the only one that had problems growing up, shame! Growing up wasn't a fairy tale to anyone Benjamin grow the fuck up.' That made me take my gun out. I wasn't even thinking.

It made me pull the trigger. Thank god I missed it. My first time that I missed my target., and I swear I did it on purpose but next time she won't be so fucking lucky.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you think I'm going to be scared of you because you have a gun." She said as she started laughing. Is she fucking crazy? She must be trained or something. Who wouldn't be scared of a gun? Except for me, because I never cared about life since my mom passed away. The reason why I didn't kill myself is that I promised my mother that I would never end my life.

"Next time I shoot, I won't miss." I said putting my gun away.

"Anna, will you just listen to why he came here, please. Do it for Sofia." Marko finally spoke. None of us even noticed that he was still here.

And before she could even open her mouth two kids run from upstairs. Now I remember where I have seen this woman.

"Shit." The woman said softly but I could still hear her. Why would she say something like that? The boy looks nothing like them.

Maybe he's adopted.

"Where's momma?" Elijah asked as she picked him up. 'Isn't she, his mother' I wanted to ask, but I just couldn't. Something inside me was holding me back.

"Eli my boy. Let's go put you and Annette back to sleep." She looked directly at me.

Every time I see that boy I get a strange feeling. It's like I'm attached to him. It's like the same feeling I got when my mom was still alive.

"Come let's go Anne." Marko took Annette with and they both went upstairs to put the kids back to sleep.

If I knew there were kids here, I wouldn't have shoot.

I watched Anna take Elijah upstairs. I could see the boy whisper something to her and she just shook her head.

What I still don't get is why the boy keeps asking about his mother when he calls her mommy.

"So why did you actually come?" She asked walking from upstairs. And for the first time, she was a bit happy. I don't get, why she hated me when I came here but she calmed after the boy came downstairs.