Chapter 69

Sofia's POV.

"What?" I shouted opening the door and forgetting the fact I was eavesdropping.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in the car?" Benjamin asked me angry.

"Benjamin you have a brother in law." Tucker and Jay said the same time and everyone looked at them angry.

"Sometimes I wonder if you two are even adults." Diego said and everyone just looked at him weird. "Jailbird can you carry on the story please." He added making Jailson angry.

"First of all Diego we not friends so I don't like you giving me nicknames, and secondly stop acting like you---"

"Story please." Layla said interrupting Jailson. Benjamin eyes were on me the whole time as he took his seat back.

"Alejandrino Valentines killed his own parents at the age of nine and you all know that. He was in an orphanage since he was a baby because his parents didn't want him and because of Sofia's father his mother didn't abort him. At the age of nine he escaped from the orphanage and shot his parents dead, where he got the gun I don't know." Jailson said shrugging his shoulders.

"Didn't he go to Jail or something?" Damien asked. "By the way why don't you sit Sofia?" Damien asked me. There's no way I'm going to sit on Benjamin's lap so I shook my head acting like I was fine standing through the whole story.

"You all know the law, he had to pay whether he was a kid or not but then she came and paid his bail and everything. She was an angel and didn't want for Arlo to suffer--"

"Who is she?" Layla asked but Jailson got up, tears in his eyes he rushed out of the room. "Should I go check up on him?"

"He is not short tempered so you can go check up on him, just make sure whoever this women is, you don't say a bad thing about her." Carlos told Layla and she nod leaving the room.

"Do you all think it was his girlfriend or something?" Tucker asked.

"You fool Jailson is younger than you so use your brain for once. It was probably his mother." Jay said annoyed.

"Come on Sofia we leaving." Benjamin said after a couple of minutes when no one had anything to say. It was like they were all enemies.

. . . . . . . .

Dinner time Carlene cooked and we all ate except for Benjamin who is still not home. She kept saying maybe his with another women but I just kept ignoring her because I know she's just jealous. Firstly she swore on her life she is his wife and now she says he cheats on me.

"I'm invited to a party do you want to come with?" Carlene asked as soon as Elijah left to go watch TV.

"I have to look after Elijah but thanks." She smiled at me and I returned the favor. "By the way when do you think Benjamin is going to come home?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Darling maybe his at the party, it just starts about midnight." She went upstairs to get ready and I sat with Elijah who was watching TV.

"Mommy, I don't like Aunty." Elijah said turning to face me. "Daddy says she is not good."

"How was Charlotte and Adrian today?" I asked changing the topic.

"Bye." Carlene waved at me leaving in a hurry. I guess it's only us two who's going to sleep here tonight.

"Mommy, Aunty Char said I must teach Adri to walk." He replied excited.

"So was it nice---" Benjamin came in angry and slammed the door. Before I could ask him why his late he rushed to his room angry.