Chapter 52

Taylor's POV

The so-called whiskey night was closing up on us. It was closing up real fast and it showed. Georg and Gustav needed to get in touch with the followers for backup plans, so they had relocated to a nearby hotel. Bill and Tom were always talking and discussing different kind of scenarios so they could be prepared for anything and planning every little detail of the upcoming night.

While the boys were taking care of the productive stuff, Mellie and I had taken the liberty to organize the rest of the things. I was disappointed to hear Mellie didn’t want to come, usually she loved these kinds of fine nights with dinner and dancing but with the mafia thing involved I think it was a bit too much for her.

So her job, according to herself, was to find me the most mesmerizing dress she could locate.  I hadn’t seen it yet because she wanted it to be a surprise but I wasn’t hopeful, she had an incredible eye for these kinds of things but this time I wasn’t so sure on trusting her.

We had also gotten all of the four boys tuxedos. Let me tell you, going into Armani and Hugo Boss on the Champs Elyse’s for their outfits was pure heaven. We got to choose everything down to the last detail and let me tell you, the result was gorgeous.

Both Mellie and I couldn’t wait to see them dressed.

Hirato had offered his help at the occasion of the whiskey-night but after a long talk with both Bill and Tom they had agreed that Hirato’s help would be more beneficial from a distance. I was somewhat glad Hirato was going to be off limits for them because then I knew Mellie would have someone right next to her. My place in all of this was right next to Tom.

Mellie had cursed me for my stubbornness and my will to be at his side in this but I wasn’t going to back down. I felt in my marrow how right this was, even if it downright scared the living soul out of me.

-So are you ready for this? Hirato asked while sitting on my bed. I was cleaning up since I had a bad habit of making things spotless when I was feeling down or really stressed.

-I’m not sure, I mumbled. I could feel the sympathy look playing on his face behind my back and it stressed me out even more.

-You know Taylor there is always time to regret and stay back while you let them do it by themselves.

Hirato used his understanding voice, trying to reach out to my weak side. I was really anxious about all of this but what did I really have to gain by staying back and being so concerned would probably be to scrub the entire apartment with a toothbrush.

-I know but this is something I want to do, and something I need to do, I answered him and threw him a look over my shoulder while I placed my things as neatly as possible.

-Remember that I’ll be just a few minutes away if something would happen, he murmured and for once I actually heard the trepidation in his tone of voice.

I turned around and faced him, his fingers tangling in each other. The cocky guy with black straight hair I was so used to see was traded by a man afraid to loose his friend. I came closer and grabbed his head in my hands and forced him to look at me while I flashed him a soft smile.