Chapter 12

Taylor's POV

"Oh, do you remember that day when we were out for sushi for lunch and that bird snatched the food right out of Georg’s hands?" Tom laughed as I burst out in laughter as well.

"Oh my god, I laughed so hard!" I chuckled and the memory flashed in front of me, causing me to feel all warm of the good memory.

"Yeah, that was a good day" Tom said, his smile softening as he leaned back a little in his chair.

I nodded my head and took a zip from my espresso. It was only Tom and I up at the moment, the rest of the crowd was still sleeping. We were sitting eating some breakfast that the chefs had made for us early in the morning. I was actually enjoying our alone time together, we had talked the entire morning about a little of everything but we consciously avoided sensitive subjects.

Secretly, while we were eating, I observed him. After not seeing him for two years it was hard keeping a sharp mental image in my head. 

His strong bone structure, his flawless eyebrows with a slight scar on the right side, the soft pink lips, his black lip-piercing which he from time to time let the tip of his tongue graze over. But Tom’s eyes, they were created for the smoldering gaze he could give. That golden brown color had already sucked me in a few times during the breakfast.

Tom chewed down on a piece of melon as I finished drinking my espresso, the caffeine filling my veins.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asked and turned his head to look out where the sun was scorching hot. We were sitting on the terrace but we had a quite big sunshade over our heads, making the temperature go down a bit.

"I don’t know really, what do you feel like doing?" I asked and shrugged my shoulders. Tom sent me a boyish smile.

"Well if you are up for it, we could do some tourist time?" He suggested as I thought about it for a second.

The others were probably still a bit worn out both from the wedding and the drama, so they would probably sleep for a good couple of hours more. But Blake was here, and he’d bee so angry, worried and let’s face it, jealous.

"You should ehm… you should check it with Blake" Tom suddenly mumbled hesitantly and averted his eyes down to the breakfast. I felt a tug in my heart as I saw the damage in his face. I realized it was hard for him to say that but I mean, it was two years ago, didn’t he... move on?

I felt guilt washing over me. I had tried to move on, I mean I was together with Blake, so Tom had to move on too, right? I shook my head, he probably have had dozen of girls in his room during that time.

"Yeah I’ll just check it with him" I said and waved it off a little. Tom didn’t look up at me as he nodded his head.

"Ehm I’ll just go and change, then we can go" I said in a cheerful voice as Tom simply nodded again. I pursed my lips and left the table.

As I walked towards my room I felt confused by my emotions. Blake and I had become so close when he let me stay with him for the time in Tokyo before I moved to Paris and he as well. Our relationship had just flowed into creation, it just kind of happened and seemed to be logical.

I didn’t think it was such a big deal but as I walked up the stairs, I started making a mental picture to see Tom with another girl in his arms. My heart completely dropped to my stomach at the bare thought of someone being with Tom.

I didn’t want to see Tom with another girl, I would absolutely and unquestionably hate it, but who was I to make such a statement when I had a boyfriend. I placed my cool arm against my warm head and took a deep breath. Maybe that was how Tom felt when he saw Blake and me.