Chapter 5

Taylor's POV 

Confused of my emotions I just sat down on the bed as she quickly sat down beside me, placing her arm around my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly after a few seconds of quiet. I tried to rinse out my thoughts that was blocking my head. It has been two years since I last saw him.

"Yeah I’m fine" I stated as Mellie frowned a little bit.

"You sure?" She asked yet again as I gave her an irritated look.

"Yes Mellie. I am fine. I just thought that I didn’t have to see him until the actual wedding day" I said and bit my jaw together tight.

I couldn’t deny that I actually felt excitement rush through my body at the sheer thought that Tom was only a stair away from me. But the things he did two years ago still pissed me off and hurt. 

"I know but it’s only three days you know, it’s not that bad" she tried and smiled, making me huff.

"Only three days" I said with sarcasm, folding my arms across my chest in a very stubborn way. Mellie laughed at me.

"Taylor come on, I know that he hurt you and you still feel angry about that, but I know you too well to know that you are kind of happy and excited to see him" she giggled making me frown.

"Shut it Mellie" I growled turning my eyes away from her. She chuckled at me and placed her head on my shoulder.

"You know I’m right"

I just rolled my eyes at her. The truth was that she had of course right, I was happy to see Tom again but I was also really angry.

"Why is he even here, Bill said that he had gone back to Tokyo" I groaned as Mellie let me go and shrugged her shoulders.

"He said he just wanted to help Bill out with the wedding, and he had some business to attend to as well"

I gave her an obvious look.

"Of course he has" I muttered and stood up from the bed and walked up to my counter.

"Taylor, you know, I don’t think it will do any harm to talk to Tom, try to mend some things a little bit" she said softly as I looked at her like she was crazy.

"No, I don’t want to talk to him" I said stubbornly and kneeled down to my suitcase, grabbing random things to keep myself occupied. I heard Mellie sigh as she stood up from the bed.

"Well I’m not going to force you to do anything Taylor, remember that, but you know it wouldn’t kill you to talk to him" she said in a soft voice as I gave her a small nodd. 

"I need to call Blake, well see each other at breakfast tomorrow" I said and gave her a smile as she nodded.

"Yeah goodnight Taylor!" She said as she walked out from my room and closed the door behind her. I swooped up my phone from my pocket and dialed Blake’s number as I took a seat again on my bed. 

"Hey babe!" Blake voice cheered when he picked up the phone. I chuckled at him. 

"Hey Blake, what’s up?" 

"Not much, I’m missing you for sure" he said and I could hear his grin on the other end.

"I miss you too you loser" I teased as he laughed.

"So… Tom was here tonight" I mumbled and it became quiet in the other end.

"Wasn’t he supposed to be in Tokyo now?" Blake said, his tone changed into disliking. I sighed tiredly and picked up the cover on my bed to place it out of the way.