Chapter 44

Taylor's POV

 After I angrily had tossed my alarm clock across my room, taken a quick shower and got dressed, I sprinted out to the kitchen. Running late, I made a side braid in my hair as I tried to remember what we had in the kitchen that I could eat as a quick breakfast before I darted away to my morning class.

Rushing inside the kitchen I nearly slipped as I stopped dead in my tracks.

Hirato was standing in a black suit with a neatly tucked white shirt with a pair of loose workpants and a fancy belt. He smiled big with a coffee-cup in his hand, looking like he had been up for at least an hour to get ready and eat breakfast. I on the other hand woke up about 15 minutes ago.

-Why are you up so early? I questioned almost out of breath, before he chuckled and took a sip from his coffee.

-I have a big meeting today so I needed to prep, he shrugged and turned around and picked up a paper bag and tossed it over to me.

-I had some extra time so I bought you breakfast, he smiled softly, looking me up and down. I knew I probably looked kind of messy and unawake at the moment but it was the best I could do when I overslept.

-How’d you know I would oversleep? I asked curiously.

-I heard you were tossing and turning a lot last night so I guessed you’d have trouble getting up, he commented very casually as he poured the rest of the coffee in the sink. With Mellie still sleeping we could have some peace and quiet in the morning thankfully.

-You know me better than I know myself Hirato, I said and shook my head. He laughed and walked up to me, nudging me under my chin.

-I know, but it goes the other way around too, he said as I smiled. Giving him a quick peck of appreciation I ran out in the hallway to put on my shoes and my jacket along with my bag before I darted out the door.

Thirty-five minutes later, I had taken a seat in the huge classroom with the other 200 students as I carefully opened the paper bag. Licking my lips I found a freshly made croissant along with a little plastic container of fresh fruit.

As my teacher entered the room, I swiftly dug into my breakfast and the class started off.

The two hours went painfully slow, but at least I had something to do, and that was taking unnecessary notes of the professor’s idiotic theories. When I finally got the chance to get out from the damp room, I found Mellie sitting waiting at me just outside in the spring sun.

-Had fun today? She asked with a smug grin, knowing it was the most boring class I had on my schedule.

-Not at all, I have about six pages of shit to prove it, I sighed as she laughed.

-Well you don’t have to worry about it soon!

-Thank you a thousand times over, I grinned.

We hooked arm and started walking towards the Champs’ Elyse’s to check out the new shop windows that the big fashion houses had put together. They always really made spectacular sceneries with the shoes, bags and clothes. It had become a favorite hobby of ours to check it out each and every second week when they changed it.

We bought ourselves a needed coffee before we strolled along the street. First came Chanel. Decorated entirely with green, white and purple flowers, the colorful coats were hanging of graceful mannequins, sitting on a pair of wooden swings.