Chapter 7

Taylor's POV

Mellie and I were alone in the house and today we actually had nothing to take care off.

Well the only thing was so make sure the guest had arrived in Rome and had checked in at their hotels. But other than that, we had planned the last day before the wedding to just chill out and relax.

When I woke up, Mellie had already taken the breakfast outside to the side of the pool where she was sitting under the sun with an orange juice. She was sitting on one of the sun-chairs and had a small table to the side of her with the breakfast.

"Good morning bride!" I cheered as I joined her. She gave me a small glance and nodded her head.

"Mellie, are you mad at me?" I asked cautiously. She gave me a scowl as I almost dropped the coffee-can in my hands.

"You think?" she growled as I felt a little lost for words.

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked with a thin voice. I hated when Mellie was really angry with me. It was nothing when she was just a little pist, everybody is that from time to time, but Mellie was hardly ever really angry with me.

"You know why Taylor" she growled as I started to feel a little hurt.

"No I don’t, what Mellie!?" I asked, my tone accusing. She glared at me again but her eyes went a little softer when she realized I was actually upset at her snapping at me.

"It’s just that, last night you ignored Tom for like the 600th time!" She whined and I pursed my lips.

I knew it wasn’t very polite or nice in any way but what did she expect? Me going directly up to Tom after two years and start blabbing about how my life was going? No, I couldn’t do that. With Tom there was so much more emotions involved, what kind of emotions I really had no idea, since it felt like a yarn of feelings.

"Mellie why do you keep forcing me to talk to him?" I asked and started in frustration, to put marmalade rather intense on a piece of bread. She sighed loudly and brushed off some crumbles from her tunic.

"I don’t want to force you, you know that Taylor, but I know that Tom really wants to talk to you and you are making it really hard for him" she said as I bit on my bread and chewed it down before looking at her.

"Why should I bother to care about his feelings when he so clearly didn’t with mine?" I snapped hard.

I know it was a shot in the face but I didn’t need to hear Mellie’s arguments to let Tom talk to me. She gave me a self-conscious look and nodded apologetically.

"You are right, I’m sorry but can’t you at least try to…?" She continued but I shook my head.

"No, if I ever want to talk to him I’ll make it happen, I just don’t want to right now" I explained in a determined but soft voice as she nodded again. 

"Okay fair enough" 

The rest of the day, we spent hours by the pool, tanning, talking and just goofing around since it was a day to just relax before the wedding hysteria the upcoming day. I was sitting listening to some music with closed eyes as the sun suddenly vanished. I looked up to see Mellie dangling her phone in the air with a huge grin on her face.

"What are you looking so ridiculous for?" I chuckled as she narrowed her eyes to me and frowned. 

"For your information, today is my last day in freedom"

I just laughed.

"So I called some friends and we are having a girl’s night out!" She giggled making me burst out into a big cheer.