Chapter 24

Taylor's pov

Silence surrounded us as we all sat by the breakfast table out on the outside terrace a few hours later. The tension was very unnerving. Bill and Mellie was sitting across from me in the small sofa as Hirato, Gustav and Georg sat in each chair, trying all to read the newspaper. All three of them looked suspiciously uncomfortable and warily of their reading.

Mellie and Bill kept giving me hesitant glances as they ate from the breakfast. I on the other hand felt both miserable and ecstatically happy at the same time as I drank from my coffee, trying to ignore the tension.

"So this is it?" Mellie was the one who finally piped up. All the guys and I turned our attention to her before their eyes turned to me for an answer.

"I guess so" I stated doubtfully.

"So Blake is history?" Hirato asked, his voice filled with a hint of disappointment as I turned my eyes to his soft brown. I knew he cared for me and wanted the best for me.

"Yes, I haven’t really figured out the stuff with the school just yet but right know I don’t have the strength to" I sighed and put down my coffee.

"So how is he?" Gustav questioned, correcting his glasses.

"I’m fine..." someone suddenly answered from behind as I turned my head and saw Tom in the doorway in jeans and a t-shirt. He was limping and walked very slowly as he came towards us.

"Tom, you’re supposed to relax in bed!" Bill frowned at his brother who ignored him completely. He took a seat next to me in one of the chairs as he eyed the food that was placed on the table.

"Bill is right Tom, you shouldn’t be up" Georg muttered as Tom gave him a bored look.

"I’m hungry okay, I haven’t eaten in like days" he mumbled and started grabbing some stuff on a plate. Reaching for it, he hissed in pain and quickly yanked his arm back close to his body.

"See! Stay in bed!" Bill whined as even Mellie gave him a flat look.

I took the opportunity to grab some fruit and toast and other things and put them on his plate. I handed it to Tom who had made himself a little more comfortable in the chair. He gave me a thankful smile as he took the plate and placed it on his lap, his fingers grazing mine faintly. With him starting eating, suddenly everybody eyed him, watching his every move as I noticed Tom trying to ignore them fully.

"How can you even stand after such a beat down?" Gustav said with a frown as Tom shrugged his shoulders in a small manor.

"Leave Tom alone Gustav, I hardly think he wants questioning interrogations at this point" Georg spoke and the tension eased the slightest bit as he casually leaned back in his chair and started reading the newspaper again. Trying to avert the conversation so something else I turned to Hirato.

"Hirato, are you feeling better?" I asked him as he gave me a cute little smile.

"They got more hurt than I did so I’m totally fine, just a few bruises here and there but nothing to cry about" he teased making a smile form on my face.

"Good because if you didn’t, I’d have to kiss the hurt away right?" I teased right back. He nodded with a big goofy grin as his straight black hair fell down a little over his forehead. It wasn’t as short as it used to be nowadays. He had let it grown out a little bit to get that “hot Japanese guy” look as he himself called it.

"You know I really like you in that hair" I confessed.

"Yeah you look sexy!" Mellie chirped as I giggled at her. Hirato flashed a proud grin and whipped his head a little bit, making his hair flow.