Chapter 49

Taylor's POV

Sitting in the sofa with a book in my hands and my legs draped over Toms lap, we were enjoying the morning. Tom was lazily watching TV, seemingly taking an interest in the cartoons while lingering his fingers on my legs, brushing them up and down, leaving tingles on my skin. He’d told me that the only channels Bill and he had been watching these last couple of weeks were the news since there was nothing else, so the first thing he would do was to look at cartoons.

I relished a few quick glances now and then at Tom and it took everything I had in me not to smile like a complete love-struck puppy. Of course he took notice of me watching and that pompous smirk played in his lips all along as he kept teasing me endlessly with his fingers on my legs. 

-Are you two going to sit there all morning? Hirato grumped as he came inside the room with a coffee cup in his hand, eyeing us with a frown. While I rolled my eyes, Tom straightened himself out a bit, making his appearance more resilient.     

-That’s what we plan to do right now, he stated matter of fact while keeping his eyes locked at the TV. Grinning smugly I gazed over at Hirato who clearly was annoyed with that answer.

-Well I am going off to work. If you lazy people intend to do something other than sitting in the sofa, correction, my bed all day, you can start by getting some food, he muttered and went back into the kitchen as I chuckled.

-He is already starting to fidget with you two being here.

-Mhm, Tom just mumbled and kept on making circles with his thumbs just above my knee.

I debated on whether to go back to reading my book for a while longer but to be honest I was getting a little restless. Since Bill and Tom came back three days ago I had spent the full one and a half day just in bed with Tom. We had been talking a lot and kissed a lot so when I’d had enough time seeing the walls of my room I’d drag Tom out to at least be with the others in the apartment.

-Would you mind helping me do some of the grocery shopping? I asked. 

-If you want. I’m fully contempt of staying right here, he said and trailed his fingers a little bit higher on my thigh. Placing the book down I scooted closer and grabbed his face in my hands to plant an enduring kiss on his soft lips.

-Let’s get dressed. I’m betting that we won’t see Bill or Mellie until dinnertime anyway, I smiled. Tom nodded and stood up to get the bag with the few clothes he had in the meantime as I went to my room to get ready.

Taking a quick shower, getting dressed in some jeans and a cute top, applying some make-up and putting my hair in a messy ponytail, I got ready in less than 15 minutes. Tom swooshed in right after me and he took even less time to get finished.

Hirato had already left by the time we were in the hall to put on shoes and jackets.

-Bill, Mellie, we’re leaving to get groceries! I yelled towards their room and I heard a low grumping sound in response. I was absolutely sure they were still sleeping.

-Come one, maybe they’ll come out of their cocoon if we’re out, Tom chuckled and I laughed quietly before taking my keys and closing the door behind us.

We headed down the little street towards the main shopping road in this part of the city. I couldn’t describe how good it felt to have Tom’s arm around my shoulders as we strolled down the narrow road. He had his shades on and the collar of his jacket was pulled up around his neck. I guessed he still didn’t feel fully secure to be out in the public when having to have a guard up for almost five months.

I talked about the city a little bit, how there weren’t exactly any big supermarkets around the area but rather small stores and supply shops. I found it charming and a little better since they were located a bit of everywhere so if you were in a rush you could easily find one.