Chapter 4

Taylor's POV

For the next two days, Mellie had completely drained out all my energy, tugging me to places all around Rome to get things fixed for the wedding.

I didn’t mind but she could really be a handful when it came to details and wanting things her way. Bill wasn’t much of help either.

I tried to comment that maybe the actual groom should be the one to help the bride while I was giving Bill dirty looks, but somehow he always managed to use his charm and wittiness to turn the argument to that it was better that I followed and helped her with this stuff since I was clearly so much better at it. I was currently giving him dirty looks whenever our eyes met and he laughed every single time.

But this day was different. Today I was getting to meet my dad. Utterly thrilled I was sitting in Georg’s car as he was giving me a ride.

"You look too excited for your own good" he chuckled, giving me a glance every now and then. I grinned to him.

"Of course! I haven’t seen him in so long" I said as he nodded.

"Yeah I can understand why you are so happy, but it must be good to get some time off from the bride" he said and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I love helping her but come on. I don’t think the guests will care if the food is served ten minutes earlier or later, just as long as they get it"  I laughed as Georg laughed too.

"Well call me when you want to get a ride home okay?" He said as I nodded. Georg turned the car into a big parking lot. He stopped the car right in front of the office I knew my dad was working in.

"Thanks Georg, I’ll call you later" I smiled as he gave me a kiss on the cheek before I exited his car. I waved a little as I saw him driving out from the parking lot to the road, disappearing behind a corner.

I turned around, facing the building, which I remembered from a great deal of time ago. I walked with enthusiastic steps to the glass doors and opened one of them. The cool breeze from the air-conditioner hit me in my face as I closed my eyes for a second as I enjoyed the freshening draft. I took a look around in the office.

It was the lobby so it wasn’t that much too look at except a couple of chairs and sofas, a few tables, some plants and big pictures of designed cars that my dad’s company had made. There were also four cars, calculated placed so that wherever you were in the office you always had a good look at them. In the middle there was a counter were a woman was sitting giving me a wonderous gaze.

I walked up to her, noticing she was a truly beautiful, slightly older Italian woman. Though the way she was looking at me, my not so Italian appearance, made me think that she wasn’t really looking forward to encounter me.

She placed her hand over the other and gave me a slight judging look before forcing a smile on her face. I didn’t like people who only were nice on force.

"What can I help you with Miss?" She asked in a voice dripping with fake enthusiasm. I raised my eyebrow a little at her as I placed my hands firmly on the counter.

"I’m here to see my dad" I said, giving her an obvious look as her face turned from fake, to genuinely surprised.

"You are… you are Mr. Ricks daughter" she stuttered before nodding abruptly.

"Yes of course, I will message him right now. It’s right through there" she continued and pointed to the back, smiling fake apologetically but I had already decided that I didn’t have much interest in talking to her in the future.

I nodded my head before I walked across the lobby and towards another big door that had frosted glass with the name Rick on it.

Suddenly the door opened by a man who closed it instantly behind him. He was very big and quite normal built in a very fitted dark greyish suit that was open, revealing a white flowy shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of dark green fabric shoes. He had a very natural tan and dark hair appearance, showing he was born and raised Italian and only a few years older than me.