Chapter 50

Taylor's POV

The shock that Hirato got when he found out that Gustav and Georg had temporarily moved in was almost too much for him, the poor guy. Don’t get me wrong he appreciated that we were all together and having a really good time at the dinner but I knew he did not like it at all to be having to share the living room with them.

-I know Hirato, but it’s not for long. Do you think you can endure it? I asked as sweetly as I could. His eyebrows pushed together, examining the space in the living room from the kitchen before he sighed.

-It’s okay but only if you promise it’s not for long. It’s been hard enough for my love life to live with two girls, he muttered.

He had no problems getting dates and girls with his good looks and charms and there were times when he was away all night after the dates. Mellie and I didn’t really mind the absence sometimes, even though we knew exactly what he was doing, just as long he got home safely. But he had a point, it was no wonder he couldn’t bring girls here when he lived with Mellie and me and slept on a pull out bed sofa.  

-Yet again, I know. But you do remember that I promised I would help you look for your own apartment right? I tried to console him with the promise and he seemed to be encouraged by it.

-Yeah okay, they can stay, we’ll look for some tomorrow or something, he smirked and strode away to go and hang out with the others.

I barely had the time to turn back to the dishes until Gustav came into the kitchen.

-Hey friend, you need some help with that? He asked and came up beside me. The dishes had been piling up and it was my turn of course to take care of it.

-Yeah if you could dry them it would help me a lot, I smiled. Gustav immediately started doing the job like a pro.

-It’s very kind of you to let us stay here for a few days, he mumbled.

-Gustav, it’s always nice to have you around, you guys are family, I smiled. He seemed to like the idea of family.

-So what have you guys been up to these couple of months, I’ve haven’t heard from you.

I decided I couple use the little alone time we would get right now to ask about Georg and him about what they had been doing. He put some of the dried plates on a neatly stacked pile and seemed to think about the answer to that question.

-Mostly we have been focusing on work. Our clientele decreased rapidly during the hunt so we needed to secure our firm’s finance. We didn’t need Bill and Tom to come back and the company had gone into bankruptcy, he stated matter of fact.

I really hadn’t thought much about it but I guess it had been a lot of sweat and tears to keep their company up and running with all the clients sitting on needled because the CEO’s were hunted like dogs by mafia members.

-That must have been stressful for you, I said and glanced at Gustav who looked tired just thinking about it.

-Yeah but it was useful to have something to do and to have something to focus on. It was so hard not to keep in touch with you and Mellie and to be worried about the brothers.

His voice came out as a exhausted sigh and I felt bad for his sake.

-I hope you and Georg can relax some while you’re here, I chuckled and nudged him. Gustav responded with a laugh and put away the final glass that was dried. The endless pile of dishes was finally done and judging by my ill-treated hands, I seriously jumbled the thought of putting a down payment for a dishwasher.