Chapter 18

Taylor's POV

"I can’t figure this out" I groaned and threw the book away frustrated. Blake chuckled at me and scooted closer to me in the sofa as he picked up the book and tried to see what I couldn’t grasp.

"I bet it isn’t that hard" he said and placed his arm around my shoulders on instinct as he only hissed a little on the pain in his ribs.

Apparently it was getting a lot better and I was really happy it only had taken him 2-3 days of bed-rest to feel better. I scooted into his side as he held up the book and read. After a few seconds of reading he made a big frown.

"Wow, that is actually hard" he murmured as I laughed.

"I told you, I don’t get this design process" I said as he placed the book away and slid his fingers through my hair. A small shiver went through my body as I cuddled into him, taking a small break from my studies. 

"But you are talented anyway, you don’t need to learn this stuff from books" he said as I sighed.

"That maybe, but I still need to make the tests to get my degree in Design" I muttered, earning a small snicker from Blake.

"You’ll get it, I know you will" he laughed and slid his fingers through my hair once more.

Currently Blake and me were sitting in the living room the sofa as Hirato was sitting out on the terrace, doing something on the computer. The rest of the gang had head out eating or something for a couple of hours ago. I was beginning to wonder where they had taken off to but eventually they would return.

"So how did it work out with your dad?"

"Well Tom said it would be best if he was out of town, you know so Anthony won’t get a hold of him" I murmured and closed my eyes, enjoying being close to Blake.

I always knew where we were standing with each other, something I deeply appreciated. Knowing that he wouldn’t change his mind all of the sudden was really comforting. He was stability and I really needed some of that in my life.

"But what about the money that Rick owes him?" He frowned. I hesitated a little bit, was it wrong telling Blake about Tom’s big involvement in this? Well it shouldn’t be a big deal.

"Tom offered, or rather demanded his help to take care of it" I explained as I felt Blake tensing up a little bit.

"I can’t believe it" he muttered under his breath as I backed a little and looked at him, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips pursed together.

"What?" I questioned as he shook his head.

"He has taken up all that?" He said in more of a statement than a question. I bit my lip and nodded a little awkwardly.

"I looked up Anthony Graziano. I had no idea of the things he had done" Blake said as my heart started to accelerate.

"Like what?" I asked a little too quickly, making a frown appear on Blake’s face.

"Murders, black mailing and money dealing, among other things" he said.

"Oh"

I took a deep breath, my thoughts averting to Tom. He could be in serious danger. From what it seemed like, the Japanese mafia was nothing compared to the ruthless of the Italian.

"I just can’t help to worry about you Taylor. What if they really come after you seriously at some point?" He said and rubbed the back of his neck troubled.

I didn’t blame him though for feeling really troubled. Blake was a normal guy, he didn’t have any interference with the mafia except for Evelyn, which he hardly talked to in the past anyway. I on the other hand had been a part of it. I knew how it worked and how brutal it truly was. I felt really bad for having brought Blake into this. He didn’t deserve to be troubled over things that happened to me or people I knew. The guilt was biting me like a hungry wolf.