|66|~ A Drunk Mind Speaks a Sober Tongue~

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Marcellus adds with a slur. "He got his ass kicked by Claire. He rightfully deserves to be a part of this brotherhood. None of us were jumped in. Personally, I believe he deserves a medal or something special."

"Shut up, Marcellus," we all say in unison.

He's so fucking annoying. The fool has the audacity to laugh. We all have our focus on the joker in the room. This man is a fucking clown. He's still one of my best friends and the most loyal man I could ever have. He's a headache, but he's a loyal joker to the very end. Loyalty means everything to me; that's why I'm so fucked up with Claire. Those dogs are my enemies. She is my queen. Her loyalty must belong to me regardless of my flaws and faults or the fake bonds that they formed with her.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know Claire has a heart of gold and her overall goal is peace. I get that, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Trust me, that saying is true. I saw the empire rise and crumble before my very eyes.

Marcellus is still hysterically laughing, bent over and with his hand on his stomach. His eyes are filled with happy tears.

He's an idiot. Fuck, he is annoying. He's like the annoying little brother I never had.

I raise the glass over my head to propose a toast. "To brotherhood," I speak.

"To brotherhood," they all repeat.

Then, we knock it back. The toxin runs deep.

Xander and Marcellus go back to whatever the hell they are talking about, while Rebecca slides me another drink.

"Can I ask you a personal question?" Vlad asks me with caution and skepticism.

He doesn't open up much. I have known him for centuries. I was nothing but his king, and he was my soldier. That's it. The hesitation is expected.

"Go for it," I say, studying his worried expression.

"Yeah, go for it," Marcellus chimes in.

"Shut the hell up!" snaps Vlad.

Marcellus just laughs in response.

Yup, Vlad is officially one of us.

He shifts his focus to Rebecca and then back to me. He doesn't want her to hear whatever he is about to say. It must be about Claire.

I nod in understanding.

"Rebecca, how about you go show my brothers a good time," I instruct.

As soon as the words leave my mouth, she perks up. Her nipples visually get hard through her clothing that barely covers her body.

"As you wish, Your Highness," she responds with that god-awful, flirtatious smile of hers.

Fuck, I want to kill her.

Xander and Marcellus exchange looks as Rebecca stands in front of them, then takes off her clothes. Then, she unzips both of the two's pants.

Xander glares at me. He has never liked to ride Rebecca the Train. He is still a cold-hearted man after all.

She throws it. He catches it and rejects it. That's just the way that he is. He may be the one to snap her neck if she misbehaves in front of Claire.

Correction, he will snap her neck tonight if she misbehaves in front of Claire.

"Take them elsewhere to relax," I lazily order.

Again, she follows my command, and Marcellus hops like a bunny. That fool is always down for Rebecca the Train.