♛Chptr. 71: What He Deserves♛

3rd person's POV

As soon as they parked the car in front of the Hospital, Jungkook lifted Jimin in his arms.

"Jimin! Please! Wake up, baby!" Jungkook shouted whilst he was crying, carrying Jimin with blood all over him.

Jungkook kicked the glass door of the hospital, Taehyung following behind him. The nurses immediately called the doctor when they saw the state of the two especially Jimin. Another nurse brought a stretcher bed in which Jungkook placed Jimin. 

Jimin was losing way too much blood on him that's why the nurses immediately pushed the bed towards the emergency room with Jungkook and Taehyung trailing behind them. As soon as the stretcher reached the emergency room, three nurses stopped the two in their tracks.

"Sir, we need you to stay here. I'm sorry but you can't go inside." The two was then left with nothing else to do but wait. Jungkook was asked to be taken care of but he was the one who doesn't want any treatment. His injuries are bad as well and he has blood on his shirt from him and Jimin's, his head was hit and his side was bleeding but he still doesn't care.

"Jungkook you have to listen! You need to be treated!" Taehyung shouted with frustration. 

The nurse was being persistent since earlier, afraid that Jungkook's injuries would be worse but Jungkook was just there, sitting down with his head hung low. 

"Please Sir, we need to treat-"

"I SAID I DON'T WANT TO BE FUCKING TREATED! HAVE YOU SEEN JIMIN?! HAVE YOU SEEN HIS INJURIES?! WHY ARE YOU FUCKING HERE WHEN YOU SHOULD BE TREATING HIM INSTEAD?!" Jungkook yelled in return, getting mad at the nurse and to Taehyung who keeps on bugging him when clearly said he doesn't want to be mended.

The nurse was taken aback so Taehyung had to nod at him to signal him to walk away now. Taehyung knew what was happening and why is Jungkook acting like this.

"Jungkook, you have to trust Jimin. He wouldn't..." Taehyung contemplated before he said his next words. "He wouldn't die like your mother."

"How could you be so sure Taehyung?! He was bleeding like my mother! What if... What if I wasn't on time this time as well?! What if he dies because of me?! What if he was still thinking that I was just deceiving him... that I was just pretending to be in love with him... What if... he gave up because of me-"

"Jimin wouldn't do that! I knew him Jungkook and you know him too! He wouldn't just give up his life like that!" Taehyung shouted, not liking Jungkook's what-ifs.

Then Jungkook stared at Taehyung with tears pooling his eyes. He gave out a very sad smile. 

"Then why did he do it Taehyung?... Why didn't he trust my love?" Taehyung was taken aback. He couldn't say anything anymore. Jungkook has a point.

What if Jimin already did give up even before the accident?

"If only you saw how sad his eyes were... if only you heard his last words..." Jungkook burst out in tears after he remembered how Jimin looked. How Jimin's eyes turned from dazzling to one of the saddest ones. How Jimin's smile turned grey and gloomy. How Jimin's tears turned from crystals to almost stone-like as if it was weighing him down.

How Jimin's 'I love you' turned from the sweetest.... to one of the most hurtful. 

"I love him so much, Taehyung... I don't know what I'll do if anything bad happens to him... I would die... I would definitely die inside." Jungkook weeps, his hand covering his eyes as he did. 

Taehyung's tears began to crawl down his cheeks too. He pulled Jungkook in a hug as he comforts his best friend. He can't do anything but that and he knew he wasn't even helping. It's impossible to take that much pain away especially if he knew how much Jimin meant to Jungkook.

Seconds later, a furious Jin was running towards their direction. His eyes were also visibly red from the tears. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok were behind him huffing as they got closer to the two.

"Where is Jimin?! What happened Jungkook?!" Jin shouted with a broken voice, holding a piece of what looks like a letter in his hand. The other three have it too. 

Taehyung looked up and saw the four, hugging Hoseok after he saw his lover as he cried in Hoseok's chest. Hoseok already knows what happened so he hugged Taehyung back.

When Jungkook didn't answer, Jin cried even more. If the letter was true then Jimin... something bad already happened to him.

"Jungkook... a-answer me... where is he? I n-need to see my brother..." Jin begged as his body started to shake. There is a part of him that doesn't want to believe it but Jimin already said it in his letter.

========

 I would be gone for I don't know how long but hyung... please promise me that you'll take care of yourself. 

I'm so sorry Jin-hyung. I love you, hyung.

========

The others received the same letter. With contents of thank you's, sorry's and Jimin's last goodbye for each one of them. Taehyung and Jungkook have one too and it was sent to Hoseok.

Jimin didn't really just bought clothes when he left Jungkook that morning. Instead, he wrote everyone letters. His goodbyes and how he was sorry to leave every single one of them. 

He decided even before their date happened. 

Even before he devised his plan for his own death.

Jungkook wasn't still saying anything. He was just sitting there with his blank stare on the ground, still taking in everything. Namjoon pulled Jin in a hug since he knew how painful and sudden everything is for Jin. 

Even from before when Jimin is still a baby, he already meant everything to Jin even though they weren't really brothers by blood. 

Yoongi stood there utterly shocked and confused. He doesn't have any single clue on what was happening but he felt a pang in his chest too. Jimin became his friend too and it was just unexpected. And he was also curious as to why Jimin was talking as if he knew that something bad would already happen to him in his letter.

"It's my fault." Jungkook started after a long silence as he looked up to meet everyone's gaze.

Jin wiped his tears when he realized what Jungkook said. His blood boiled and he was fast to throw a punch right on Jungkook's face making Jungkook fall on the floor. 

"I TOLD YOU DIDN'T I?! I WOULD FUCKING KILL YOU IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS TO HIM!" Jin was about to punch Jungkook until daylight but Namjoon and Yoongi managed to stop him. 

Jungkook must have his own reasons and Jin was mad so he was acting out of an impulse that's why they decided to meddle.

Jungkook paused for a moment before he stood up and uttered whilst looking at Jin blankly, "Then kill me..."

"I deserved it." 

The doctor came in the scene with the other nurses. He removed the mask that was covering half of his face.

They waited patiently for the doctor to say something with hopeful eyes.

"We did everything we can. We were sorry but..."

"We couldn't save him." 

✿✿✿✿✿