♛Chptr. 13: Eyes on the prize♛

Jimin's POV

It's gonna be Christmas in less than a week but I still don't have my gifts for my father and mother and Jin-hyung so I decided to buy their presents today even though it's still freezing outside because of the snow.

I wore my thickest clothes and a black coat with a hoodie to protect me from the snow. I grabbed my wallet and cellphone, ready to head outside.

I walked downstairs when I saw my father just sitting on the couch with his daily cup of tea. He looked at me noticing my presence and I hurriedly looked away, not also minding his men who bowed to me.

We somehow interacted like this most of the time now, me ignoring him and him not saying anything. After what I heard that day we sort of grew apart, I am still not forgiving him because of what he hid from me. He lied almost all of my life but he didn't even try and talk to me.

"This morning, another body was found dead by the riverside of the 8th avenue. The man was believed to be in the age of 35 and uses the name Min Seongyun. His neck was slashed brutally meeting his death in a flash..." 

Lately, the killings in our town have been increasing with numerous bodies found dead almost everywhere. Not a single day would pass without a single report of a crime and I am only thinking of one person who could be involved in this. And yes, I am referring to that person sitting on the sofa who would always grin by this sudden newsflashes like everything was good news.

"Won't you explain yourself, father?" I asked, crossing my arms and now glaring at him. He looked at me and turned his grin into a blank face.

"What did I do?"

"Don't act dumb now, I know that you've been killing these people for I don't know what reason you have but this is wrong! You can't just kill whenever you want to! And can't you at least clean your shit after you murder them!" My father chuckled...he fucking chuckled.

"It's not my doing, son."

"Yeah, like I would believe that." I rolled my eyes as he continued to sip on his tea.

"Believe me or not but it's not me. And if it was me you'll know...because you'd never know. Got that?" Was he expecting me to be proud of him now? Just how crazy my father could get?

"Whatever." 

I walked out and drove my blue Lamborghini Veneno Roadster leaving him with his men who's been creeping me out nowadays since I knew that they weren't just normal bodyguards now. Who knows if they are killing people behind my back too which I somehow know that they really do since they work for my father.

I drove for about 20 minutes, overtake some cars and went inside the mall to start buying gifts. Thank God that there's not a lot of people inside since they must be staying in their homes instead because of the cold weather. 

I scanned some stores before I went to this store with a lot of pink stuff inside. Jin-hyung likes pink so he would love anything in this store.

The pink stuff toys on display welcomed me and I smiled as all of it looked cute in my liking. There are also pink key chains with different characters and some room decorations. This store screams cuteness I swear.

"Park Jimin?" I looked at the counter side and saw Namjoon-hyung wearing an employee uniform with his cap, apron, and a nameplate on his chest.

"Do you...work here?" I asked walking towards him and he gave me a dimple smile and nod in reply.

"Wow, you must be busy even during the holidays." 

"Yeah, I just started a few months ago and I know...it sucks actually but I don't mind. I don't have anything to do at home anyways." He shrugged and I just nodded in understanding. 

Why does he need to work though, isn't he already rich? I mean...he has his luxurious black Lykan Hypersport he always drives to school. And then I realized...so this is what boredom does to people.

"Jiminie?" I looked at the person who spoke behind me and I swear I almost stumbled!

W-What is he doing here?

"Yoongi-hyung..." I gulped and blushed when he gave me his gummy smile that always gets me. I've been all over him for three years but I still find his smile thrilling.  

"What are you doing at a place like this? Buying gifts for your girlfriend?" I panicked and hurriedly defended myself with a fast shook of my head.

"What?! No!...I...I don't have one." I fiddled with my fingers as I looked down.

"Ooh...so you're available then." I stared at Yoongi-hyung one more time not knowing what he meant by that. 

"Jiminie-hyung!" My body suddenly froze, like it knows how to automatically react to that voice.

I know that voice. How would I not know? And fuck how I wish I wasn't right!

But how could I be wrong?

He's the only one who can call me hyung...

--------------------------------------------------

3rd person's POV

Jungkook runs towards Yoongi's side after he saw a familiar face. He was now back to the cute and innocent Jungkook everyone knows. But Jimin won't buy that now since he already knew the latter's true annoying self.

"Jungkook! Can you not be too loud? Our customers would complain!" Jungkook just giggled at Namjoon's comment.  

"You are shouting too Namjoon-hyung...I'm sorry, I'm just excited to see Jimin-hyung!" Jungkook gave Jimin his bunny smile but Jimin never failed to see the glint on his eyes. That smile has some different meaning behind it that only Jimin could know.

"I've noticed how close you've become like friends. Yah Jungkook, could you tell me how you easily got close with Jimin? No offense but...he's usually just sitting from a far corner isolating himself from everybody." Namjoon commented whilst guiding some customers who would ask him about a certain store section.

"Really? I never noticed though...since Jiminie-hyung is always open to me. He even shared his secrets to me. Right, hyung?" The older of the two know exactly what Jungkook was talking about. Jimin was starting to feel itchy.

"Woah! What secret are you hiding Jiminie?! Tell me too!" Jimin got flustered when Namjoon asked him. 

"Yeah, what secret could that be that only Jungkook could know about. That's unfair!" Yoongi pouted. He effin' pouted and Jimin almost lost it!

All eyes are on Jimin now. Jungkook smirked that only Jimin could see. He knows that Jungkook is trying to play dirty.

"They're right Jimin-hyung...you were not being fair. Should I tell it to them instead?" Jimin panicked and he doesn't know what to do now. He is giving Jungkook a 'don't you dare' look but the younger doesn't look affected. 

Somehow, Jungkook noticed how Jimin lost his words so he tried to speak for him instead to divert Yoongi's and Namjoon's attention away from him.  He wouldn't say it, of course, it would be too boring for him to just spill the beans like that. 

"I'm just kidding hyungs, he wouldn't even tell me anything about himself no matter how hard I tried." Jungkook earned a slap on his arm and a pinch on his cheek given by both Yoongi and Namjoon. 

They laughed and continued talking nonsense until Namjoon was needed by a customer so he left the counter. Yoongi saw something cool in the store leaving Jungkook and Jimin by themselves. Jimin sensed that this wasn't a good idea. Being alone with Jungkook that is. 

Jungkook saw how Jimin's body tensed up and he smirked by this. He walked forward leaning to the older's ears. 

"I always get my eyes on the prize baby boy. Now, do as I tell you...Be my boyfriend and we won't have any problem. I won't tell if you would obey." Jungkook whispered.

"I fucking hate you Jeon Jungkook." Jimin spat, clenching both his hands into a fist.

"Oh trust me Park Jimin...I hate you as much."

 ✿✿✿✿✿      

The next one would be the last update I'll publish for today because I don't have any drafts anymore 😋