CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Start from the beginning

Summer was lip locked.

"Summer…" He grabbed unto her shoulders.

"We have no time" He said, and his worried look depicted that he meant it.

She nodded.

"Come on" He began walking and she followed.

"Do you even know where we're going?"

"She said to use the stories" Kuzo frowned.

"Well what stories did she tell you about Ghana and a man that has no name?" Summer asked.

He searched through his memory but found nothing. Then Kuzo saw a bright light ahead, it flashed and it was gone.

"Did you see that?" He asked,

"Yes" Summer grabbed his arm in fear as he began to walk towards it. She pulled him back.

"Are you crazy?" She whispered.

"Right now, I'd embrace anything out of the ordinary" Kuzo confessed and continued walking slowly towards where he had seen the light, then he saw the shrubs move. He stopped, suddenly, an old man appeared, the middle of his head was completely bald while at the sides were thick grey hair. He had a grey beard as well.

He stared at them in silence as he held unto his sack and hoe.

"Umm, hello, my name is Kuzo, this is Summer….."

"You speak the white man's tongue yet your skin is as mine"

"You speak English?"

"Yes, the blind woman gave me a seed to chew, it was bitter , but she said I would need it"

"A blind woman, where did you see her?"

"You are the one she spoke about….intriguing, she just left seconds ago and then you appear?"

"Seconds ago?"

"Yes"

Kuzo and Summer followed him.

"Would you mind carrying my Sac for me, its quite heavy"

"Sure" Kuzo offered to help and tried to take the sack from the old man, immediately, he touched Kuzo's shoulder and held unto it firmly. Then stared into his face.

"You are the first aren't you, you are her first son aren't you?" The old man asked.

"If you're talking of who I think you're talking of then I'm sorry I am her only son"

He shook his head.

"Your mother appeared to me in the forest with a baby an hour ago.

She told me everything.

"Tell us what she told you"

"She said she had something but after giving birth to you both, she lost it?"

"No, I'm not hers"

"Summer isn't my sister"

"No, a brother, she had twins, you survived, the other didn't, the power she had was taken over by you, you were too tiny to understand or control it and your other twin was too weak to share it with you.

"So, what are you saying, I killed my twin?"

"Your mother asked me to give you this when you arrived I didn't think it would be this soon, what year are you from?,

"4,900" Kuzo said.

"2019" Summer said.

"Its 1813" The old man said.