CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Start from the beginning

"Summer!" He shook her out of it and she finally realized he was in the room.

"Kuzo" She said.

"They left…they left without me, what do I do?" She began to cry.

"I need you to be brave ok, I'm not letting you out of my sight, we will find them, I promise"

She only began to sob. He hugged her and rubbed her back.

"We need to get you into some dry clothes and get out of here, I still need to get to my mom, she's on the other side of town much closer to the beach.

Summer nodded and went to get changed.

She was quick about it and returned minutes later, they returned to the car and Kuzo drove off. The winds had grown much stronger, pulling out poles and throwing dirt and rubbish on the windscreen. He turned on the wiper but that did nothing to stop the tree branch that was heading towards them.

"Look out!" He made a sharp turn and the branch just hit the upper left corner of the windscreen merely cracking it.

Kuzo sped up. But his speed wasn’t enough to get away from the monstrous flow of water that ran through their town. They both took in deep breaths before the sea swallowed them up.

Kuzo tried to get them out but he soon realized his seatbelt was stuck. He reached for the pocket knife his father kept in the lower compartment beneath the dashboard and found it. Fortunately the water had just began to seep in.

"Get out of your seatbelt, I'm gonna cut myself loose and we'll swim out okay?"

"No, I…I…I can't"

"You can't swim?"

"I can but I don't think I wanna go in" Her lips quivered.

"It's okay, you can do this" He cut his seatbelt quickly and they tried to open the doors but couldn’t, the pressure wouldn’t allow it. Kuzo scanned his memory for what he knew about situations like this. He could survive but she wouldn’t. If he cracked the glass in a manner that they couldn’t get out quickly, she would certainly drown.

Kuzo relaxed and tried to think, shutting his eyes.

"Are you going to sleep, what the hell Kuzo, we're gonna die"

"No we aren't" He said in a relaxed manner.

"Why are you so relaxed?" She panicked.

"I'm thinking Summer" He said with so much ease.

Summer tried to stay calm, but the fact that they were underwater with the street and buildings which seemed to be much lower than they were was nerve wrecking. Then she saw a puppy, struggling to survive. Her heart went out to it, she touched the window at her side still looking at the puppy, it stopped kicking, then suddenly, something that looked like a vine wrapped itself around it and pulled it out.

"Kuzo!" There is something out there. She tapped him.

Kuzo drew closer to her side to look and then they felt the car shake and then an image appeared right in front of them. Summer screamed as loud as he could.

"Mom?" Kuzo smiled.

"I'm gonna get you kids out, just hand in there" She spoke in the water and was clear as she sounded on land.

"Is that your mom?" Summer was in shock.

Maia got on top of the car.

"Hang on kids!" She screamed.

Then held unto the sides of the car till vines covered the entire car, as if it had been in the jungle for centuries, all the kids could see were long green vines covered in weeds that looked like seaweed then the water around the car parted and seeped under it, creating a force that pushed the car up, soon they were out. Maia found a tree and wound a vine around it, pulling the car with her to the roof of a storey building.

She helped the kids get out of the car, Summer looked petrified even though she looked completely different and human. Kuzo hugged her.

"We need to get out of here" Maia said.

"That’s your mom?" Summer repeated.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you"

"Who are you people?" She was shivering.

Kuzo tried to get closer, she took a step back just as a part of the roof broke off, she slipped but Maia was quick to grab her with a vine, she pulled her up.

"Careful there now, would you" Maia said.

"Kuzo I'm gonna get you to dry land but you need to find someone for me her name is Freya Howard"

"The lady on the TV?"

"Yes, the one we saw on the TV, she can help us understand what is going on I need her to tell me what she found and where she found it, I have to after your father, some very bad people have him and they're gonna try to use him but I promise you I would find you"

"Wait a minute, did you say Freya, Howard?"

All eyes turned to Summer.

"Traitor!, you left us all to die!" A voice said, and the clouds darkened, there was a loud storm.

"Who is that mom, what is going on?"

"My sister, she's back, it's nothing I just need to talk to her, that is all"

"I can feel it all around you Mabu, the power you command, give me back my staff!"

She screamed and appeared.

"You have to go now, find Freya"

Maia touched both kids at the same time a bolt of lightning struck the roof on which they all stood.

Maia knew she couldn’t use teleportation in a time that wasn’t hers, she could cause a major disorientation in the space time continuum and affect the course of time which could be repercurtive in her own time and it was against the laws of nature to go back in time and try to change things, she had tried once and had paid a very dear price but in that nick of time, she knew there was no other way to get to them before her sister could, with a bout of energy from her eyes, she charged up a portal right beneath them and opened it.

Her last words to her son were;

"Find the man that has no name and tell him the first blind eye has come to claim, trust me Kuzo, if you do this right you could stop this, all of it"

"Mom I don't understand what you're saying"

"The stories, do you remember them……?" She asked he nodded, then she smiled.

"Use them, I'm sorry Summer, take this, it would help you"

then she reached out her fist to Summer and put a seed in her palm then pushed them both into it the portal then she closed it.