|60|~Its Time to Act ~

Start from the beginning

"I said stop the fucking car now!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

The car window bursts as a reaction. Then an electric emerald‑green light flashes throughout the entire vehicle. I fly to the other end of the seat, and the car comes to a complete halt.

Scarlet fury, crimson animosity, and red rage—these are all I see, hear, and feel. I'm way past the point of livid. Sharp, razor-like fangs release from my gum, and I run my tongue over the new addition to my teeth. They are throbbing, ready to sink into something sweet.

Commander Vlad is already outside of the vehicle as I slam the door. I tilt my head to the side. The feeling of betrayal is real. One look at me is all it takes. His bright red eyes widen in shock. I'm sure I look like an avenging she-devil who has just returned from hell because that's exactly how I feel.

He bows down and lowers his head, showing submission.

However, it's too late. I grab a fistful of his hair and plunge my fangs deep down into his flesh. His bitter-sweet blood feels like acid running down my tongue, burning the back of my throat. I still take my fill. His blood is payment for his betrayal. All of them shall learn their place. All of them shall put respect on my name.

He doesn't fight back. He doesn't move. He doesn't speak, pleads, or scream. He accepts his punishment openheartedly.

Once satisfied, I throw his barely unconscious body into the middle of the road without a single ounce of guilt. The darker side of me has taken full control. I crouch down and take a deep sniff of air. Many scents invade my nostrils, but I cling to the faint scent of one—damp earth!

We are in the middle of nowhere. However, that one particular scent lingers, indicating that wolves are fairly close. Darkness consumes me whole as I utilize my newly enhanced senses to guide me in the direction of the scent. In inhuman speed, I follow it deep into the dark forest, across the frozen river, and then down a steep, snow-covered hill.

The faint scent becomes more potent. It is followed by a faint smell of burning cedarwood, tainted with the aroma of expensive cologne.

He is close by! Nicklaus has to answer to me. 

* * *

Nicklaus

Xander intercepts the Alpha's attack, sending him to the other side of the field with a loud thud.

"The Alpha is mine," his monster hisses. "We have unfinished business."

The other wolves charge.

I hold my hands into the air, signaling for my men to hold positions. The exact moment I drop my hands, they follow my order, starting to attack the enemies.

The battle breaks out, and it is deadly. Lifeless bodies of vampires and wolves lie all around the field within a second. My men utilize strategy number one: releasing silver bullets directly into the crowd of dogs.

I cock my pistol and then let those bullets loose into the air. The silver bullets plus my speed equal their deaths. A large number of werewolves drop to their feet, knocking down their numbers from many to some. This victory belongs to me.

From my peripheral vision, I see a figure charging towards me—the beast princess. I should have known that bitch was here, despite our senses telling us otherwise. My chest blazes with uncontrollable heat, and all I can see is red. She leaps into the air, attempting to slam directly into me. But my fist smacks into her jaw first, and the b*tch spits out blood.

"No magic, today?" my monster taunts.

"I don't need magic to end you," she hisses.

I throw my gun in response. "I'll play fair! Come get me."