|58|~ The Time Of My Life~

Start from the beginning

"No, firecracker, you weren't born a half-vampire. You were created. The doctor found growing vampirism specks in your blood samples," Nicklaus says, a look of understanding on his face.

"I still don't get it," I tell him.

He knows darn well I didn't do that good in school.

"It's complicated," he quickly explains.

Ugh, that's not really reassuring.

"Xander and I are still trying to figure everything out." He sighs. He squeezes my hand lightly, then turns to face me.

I take a moment to evaluate him. For the first time, since we started this conversation, I can see that Nicklaus seems to be just as lost as me.

"Don't waste time worrying about things that you can't understand," he tells me.

Who is he fooling? He does not seem to understand it—his goddamn self.

"So, what you're saying is I miraculously became a blood‑sucking leech," I groan. I sit up and place my head in my hands. "And you don't really know how."

"A half blood-sucking leech," Nicklaus corrects.

Right, like that's any better.

"And now we are bonded for the rest of eternity. I'll live forever like you?" I ask him. "With you forever, right?"

I feel his body stiffen underneath me.

"Does that bother you, firecracker? Don't you want to be with me forever?"

I pull my head up to stare into his eyes. They are so beautiful and full of unspoken emotion. His face is balled up into a boyish frown. He looks so adorable, so perfect.

"Of course, I want to be with you," I answer, cupping his perfectly beautiful face with my hands. "For the rest of eternity," I confess. "Who wouldn't really, Nicklaus?"

His frown turns into an award-winning, cocky smirk—that beautiful, sadistic smirk.

"Good," he says. He leans in closer, extremely close that our faces now only inches apart. "Because I will never let you go, Claire. Never." He brushes his warm lips onto my own. "You are mine," Nicklaus claims, as he softly bites down onto my lips with his fangs.

I immediately release a soft moan, and the hot flame that always comes along with his touch burns brightly.

"You will spend the rest of your existence having the time of your life with me," he continues, biting down onto my lips harder.

My mind abruptly fills with images of how wonderful my life will be—the passion, the heat, the chills, the thrill. Every day will most certainly be the best day of my life, as long as it's spent with him. Our connection is like an addiction, and I'm certainly hooked on it.

Nicklaus stops the lip biting, and I almost cry. Gosh, why am I so damn clingy? Maybe it's some weird side effect of the changes my body is experiencing.

"Let's go, my love," he speaks, bringing me back to reality. "We have a big day ahead of us."

We do? Oh yes! I almost forgot Mecca.

"Yes, we do," I squeal excitedly, hopping up from his lap. "You promised to take me to see Mecca!"

Nicklaus's entire frame tenses. "Your pet dog decided to return home."

Huh?

"What? When did this happen?" I ask him skeptically.

Mecca wouldn't leave without saying goodbye.