Oh No

So the week is almost over. Literally nothing happened. When they told us the first night that they were planning things for us when we overheard their conversation, I didn't believe them at first but turns out they weren't lying. We all had our doubts and suspicions but they've changed for the better so we think. Currently we are enjoying our last meal before we set off in half an hour. Our bags are packed and ready to go and we're all set. Don't get me wrong, I have not forgiven them in the slightest however I suppose I've become a little lenient towards them and I think the other two have.

"Thank you, once again, for coming over and taking it upon yourself to allow us to reunite and be happy. We know everything we've done cannot be completely forgiven and we understand that. But this week has been great and we hope you think the same too" Stephanie says.

I hum. "Yeah. It's been better than we initially thought it would be. Not going to lie, we had our suspicions but there was nothing to worry about."

Tom agrees. "What Ryan said, however we ended up enjoying the trip more that we expected"

David smiles. "We're glad".

We finish eating and we thank them for the food and the trip. The food was really good tonight so that's good for the long trip back. David and Stephanie help put our bags in the car and wave us by as we drive off. I decide to text Ash to check up on her.

Ryan: hey love, how was the week without me? Everything been good - you and the kids and life in general? Xx

Ash: hai Cutie. Yes, everything has been swell. How was the trip? Are you okay? Xx

Ryan: we're fine actually. Way better than we thought. Not a single thing bad happened nor did we catch anything bad in the slightest on the cameras etc xx

Ash: hmm, unusual and a first but glad they're shaping up xx

Ryan: for sure xx

Ryan: we still haven't forgiven them and never will to be honest. Of course we still have our suspicions and hatred but that can't be changed xx

Ash: no, it can't. Any how, I must put the kids to bed as it's late. See you wen your back and thanks for the note - I love it xx

Ryan: anything for you my love. See you soon xx

Ash: Bai xx

I sigh contently, relieved the week is over and I can see the rest of my family and my amazing friends. Man I've missed everyone but I suppose this trip was for the better no?

I managed to successfully and comfortably drift off to sleep, as did Cookie whilst Tom drove us back. My sister shakes me to wake me up - which is nothing new - and I stretch, blinking my eyes to adjust to my surroundings and the bright lights around us.

We get out of the car and take our luggage out. Cookie and Tom ask if they could sleep over seeing as it's pretty late and so of course I said yes. I approach the front door, after locking the car, and unlock it. As I open the door I am greeted by a mad seven year old that is hyper and Ash carrying little Freddie. She greets us and we place our luggage in the hallway before sitting down with everyone in the living room.

"Hey guys! I presume you're staying for the night? It's very late no very dark out" Ash Asks.

Tom nods. "Yes, hope you don't mind"

"Of course not" she smiles gently. "The kids insisted on staying up until you arrived. Well, Emily did and Freddie just kind of acknowledged everything that was happening"

I laugh. "Trouble aren't ya kiddo". Emily giggles and launches herself on me and attack's me playfully with big hugs. "Let's get you to bed". Emily pouts and frowns but complies anyway, clinging onto my as I enter her room. I lay her down in her bed, wrapping her and kissing her good night before leaving her room to go back to the others. By now, Ash had already put Freddie to sleep in his crib. "crazy I tell you"

Cookie laughs. "But they are so cute, friendly and funny! What's not to love about them?"

Ash smiles. "fair point."

"Our niece and nephew will have the greatest auntie and uncle ever!" Tom declares making us laugh.

Time passed and we talk for a little while longer, just joking and relaxing before settling down in bed. It's been quite the week but I'm glad to be back home.

Home.

The alarm on my bedside table shows 11:47 am in bright, bold, and red writing. How is it this late already? I'm never up this late, of course an exception is made when the kids are up all night or something something has happened during the night etc. As I stand up, I get all light headed and become a little dizzy. My vision goes for a few seconds then returns not long after as well as the dizziness coming to an end. I squint, regaining focus. What just happened? That doesn't happen to me. Then I have the sudden urge to throw up.

Great.

Ash's POV

"Hm, Ryan should be up by now. I'm going to check on him and the kids." However before I can even leave the kitchen, a pale looking Ryan enters the main room with his hair all messy and not looking his best. "are you okay cutie? What's happened?"

"I feel like crap and literally just threw up so I'm not doing so good."

"How long?"

"Since I woke up"

"Hey Ryan?" Tom starts and Ryan hums. "did you notice Stephanie and David smirking at each other every time they looked at you eating food yesterday?"

"The odd one or two times. I just thought they were smiling if I'm being honest seeing as everything went well"

"Hmm. Well I was just thinking that because your food was last to arrive and they took a little longer with it that it could have something to do with that. I don't know though"

"Could be, but as you said, I don't know"

"He makes a fair point" Cookie states.

"He does. Oh my, I'll be back". He heads back into the bathroom leaving us to converse ideas and thoughts. "guys I really don't feel too good. Like at all-" and at that moment. My heart skips multiple beat as his body falls limp and he drops to the ground.